Saturday, November 22, 2008

A House Divided

When I lived in Argentina there were two immediate questions that every person would ask upon meeting you - Como estas? (How are you?) and De que cuadra sos? (What team are you for?). They were talking soccer, but the same question applies to every person in Utah today. The whole world is dressed in either red or blue. At our house there is both, of course.

Today is the big game day. We all got our game day clothes on and went to a family party (Uncle Bill's 92nd birthday). Everyone was in red, but me, Ava and the birthday boy. It was great. Now Brie, Ava and I are home to watch the game and Scott has continued partying with friends until he heads to the stadium. Lucky guy . . . kind of. I am glad not to be sitting in my BYU blue in the student section of Rice Eccles Stadium. I'm sure more would be coming my way than just beer in my hair in the student section.

The game starts in an hour. Go Cougs!

Doughnuts for breakfast.Brie and Ava ready for the day.

9 comments:

Scott B. said...

I am a Utah man, sir and I live across the green.
Our gang it is the jolliest that you have ever seen.
Our coeds are the fairest and each one's a shining star.
Our yell, you hear it ringing through the mountains near and far.

Who am I, sir, a Utah man am I:
A Utah man, sir, and will be till I die: Ki! Ki!
We're up to snuff: we never bluff.
We're game for any fuss.
No other gang of college men dare meet us in the muss.
So fill your lungs and sing it out shout it to the sky.
We'll fight for dear old crimson for....A Utah Man am I!....GO UTES!

Turner said...

you're so articulate Scott! Yeah, it was fun. Have a good week you guys!

Sue said...

The girls look so cute, your whole family does! I am so happy for the friendly rivalry in your home. And, I am excited to come up in two days!

Sue said...

Oh, love the song, Scott

Sue said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
laura said...

I didn't care who won the game, but I'm glad your girls looked so cute for the big event. I love their little outfits. Did you special order those donuts, or is that just what was being sold. Crazy.
Go Seasiders!!!

Roger said...

Oh, somewhere in this favored land the sun is shining bright;
The band is playing somewhere, and somewhere hearts are light,
And somewhere men are laughing, and somewhere children shout;
But there is no joy in Happy Valley— mighty Cougars have struck out.

Aaron and Jen said...

I love how Ava has no say in what color she wears! haha :) GO UTES!

Cory said...

Man Scott i'm impressed that you know the school song. I graduated from the U and never even tried to learn it. I was actually the kid in class that made sure everyone knew I bled blue. It was a good game until Max Hall decided to play for the utes. Go whoever they play.