Monday, November 17, 2008

Happy Birthday to Scott!

Well, last night marked the end of Scott's birthday celebration. We had his family (parents, Brian, Rachel & kids) over for dinner to end things right. Scott's birthday was a good time for sure! Happy Birthday to him. We love him so much!

I got up super early with him on his big day (he usually leaves with us all still sound asleep) and made him a birthday breakfast. He got to open his first present - a t-shirt to wear with his kilt! Cool, huh?Later, I drove down to meet him at work to go out to lunch. He chose a fancy schmancy restaurant. I've always seen this place and always dreamed of going there. It was everything I had ever dreamed it could be. So . . . . so. . . . so . . . good! We had a beautiful view on a gorgeous day. The food was absolutely amazing (I had macadamia nut encrusted halibut). And it was so nice to be together in a restaurant without wrestling anyone through the meal. This pic is for Randi, our pastry chef. It's called the Beggar's Purse. It was filled with warm apples and caramel. Can you make that?And what could have been a better birthday present than me filling up Scott's car for only $1.94 a gallon? Can you believe it?When Scott got home from work, we had a good birthday dinner and then cake and ice cream. He got lots of help blowing out his candles. Happy Birthday dear Scooty! We hope it was a fun one! Love you!

8 comments:

Randi said...

Warm apples and caramel? Come on. Do you think this is my first day on the job?

Happy Birthday Scooter Pie!

Teresa said...

Happy Birthday Great Scott! I love the shirt. Sounds like a wonderful birthday, although I am wondering where the pink cupcakes are? :-)

I am also glad to see someone posting their joy with the gas prices. I have been meaning to do that thinking, we complained enough when they were high, we should rejoice equally while they are low. Way to go. I filled up for $1.96/gal so Utah has even gone below GA. That is amazing.

Roger said...

I told Sue to send Scott a BYU Cheerleaders outfit for his bday. I sure hope he gets it in time for the big game.

Aaron and Jen said...

Happy Birthday Scott! Sounds like it was a great one!

Buchanan House said...

Alicia really knows how to celebrate a birthday. Looks like she didn't put all 32 candles on the cake though--thank goodness. Thanks for including us for Sunday's dinner. It was delicious!

A, M and S said...

Happy Birthday!
GRAMS

p.s. Siena wants to go back to your house

Emily said...

Happy happy Birthday Scott! I really need to come and visit you guys..what restaurant did you go to? It looked like a great place to eat.

Jeni said...

Gas is 1.76 a gallon in Bama. Yahoo! We beat all y'all! And Happy Bday Scott. :)