We started a new school year just two days after the half marathon, on August 19. We were all ready and excited.
Brielle went off to second grade with Mrs. Hamilton (English) and Senora Abuchaibe (Spanish). She was happy to be back with all of her friends again. I mean, really happy. She was just brimming with excitement when she got there. There was a lot of little girl hugging.
A week later, Ava had her first day at Kindergarten with the new teacher, Miss Pennington. Ava also was excited, but was nervous and shy too. She put on her brave face though, stood in line and waited for it all to begin.
Scott took the morning off to walk Ava into the school for her first time.
I will admit that when I saw Ava's teacher for the first time, I was nervous. She looked like she was 16. I've worked in the classroom a bit with her now and I LOVE her. I really do. She is so cute and fun, but not too energetic (good for Ava). Just calm and cool with all those kindergarteners. She is great. Ava feels the same way. In love.
They pulled out the red carpet for the new little school kids and everyone cheered as they went in.
I picked Ava up from school pushing this train up to the school and then down to the mechanic to pick up the van and got some adorable first day of school pictures of her along the way.
And one week after Ava, Zachary got to start preschool with Ms. Chris. This kid was ready to go. He wanted to do his hair with 60 hundred spikes. He packed his new Avengers toothpaste and toothbrush in his backpack for show and tell (and just in case he needed to freshen up). He learned to wipe his bum all by himself. And he stuck a Rick Majerus (from his funeral) sticker on his chest for good measure.
At some point in all these new school days, Scott came home with a bunch of leftovers from a work bbq - buns, hot dogs, hamburgers, etc. He had the best idea to invite all of our neighbors and friends with kids to a Back To School Barbeque. We called people on Sunday and had it on Tuesday. We just assigned out something for everyone to bring. And they all came. Everyone. So many friends and so many kids (20 families). It was easy and it was so much fun!!
And what happens with this little girlie in all the shuffle of going to school? She spends A LOT of time here in her car seat. She loads up and gets buckled up for short little drop off or pick up stops at 8:10, 9:30, 11:00, 11:30, 3:00. Poor thing.
1 comment:
It seems that everyone is happy to be at school. I think Kate looks like Scott when he was two years old. Have a great school year everyone!
Post a Comment