Thursday, August 08, 2013

While Mama's Away, The Kids Will Play

While mama's away, the kids (and dad) will play. While I was in Costa Rica with Jessica, I kept getting pictures from Scott of what they were doing back at home. I was so incredibly grateful that Scott was willing to take a week of his vacation time to stay home with the kids so that I could go on this trip. What made me love him even more was that he was excited! Super excited. He was looking forward to the eight days of him and the kids. He started making plans and then did so many fun things with them while I was gone. Here are the pics I found on his iPhone. 

Kids got to go to the YM/YW pool activity with Scott.
 They spent lots of time with Grandma and Papa. Including taking them out to Peruvian food for their first time.
 Scott planned with his cousin, who owns horses, to bring the kids over for horse back riding. Of course, Brielle needed to dress the part for the activity.
 They even took our neighbor's dog Bentley along.
 Another day, he planned with our next door neighbor, Mike, to take the kids out boating for the day. Mike had been asking me all summer when we could take the kids out. Scott made it happen.
Mike and Ava. Mike is also Ava's primary teacher.
 Scott sent me a message Sunday morning quite pleased with himself. He layed out everyone's clothes the night before, then had them up, fed, dressed and walking to church. He was on time to 9am church! And the kids are even looking pretty good. So impressed.
I also got this picture sent to me later that Sunday afternoon. Not quite as impressed. Looks like a good time though.
 Scott and Brielle wanted to see the lego exhibit at the zoo. They invited Fred along for this outing. Brielle was in charge of pushing Kate and Scott pushed Fred. He says it worked out quite well.
 And more pool time for the diva.
What a dad, huh? They all had such a good time together. The kids were actually not all that impressed with seeing me again when I got home. The dream life of not doing hair, wearing whatever clothes they wanted and eating sugary cereal for breakfast had ended. 

The best part of all . . . when I walked through the door the house was totally clean - vacuumed, dusted, mopped, picked up, laundry clean, etc. Absolutely amazing. Thank you, Scott!!!

1 comment:

Sue said...

This makes your wonderful vacation even more wonderful! I would have a hard time choosing between vacations.