Tuesday, November 29, 2011

A Thanksgiving Like No Other

It's true. This was a Thanksgiving like we've never had before. And it was WONDERFUL! My grandma invited her sons and their families (grandchildren and great grandchildren) to St. George, UT for Thanksgiving. What a perfect day to be with your parents, brothers, sisters, grandma, aunts, uncles, cousins, nieces and nephews. Loved it. 
We all arrived to St. George, where it was a beautiful 65 degrees, and spent the day at a working farm. Key is though that we didn't have to work. We did not cook anything, set a table or do any dishes. We just played on the farm and came running into the barn when the dinner bell rang. In the barn was a beautifully decorated table and all the Thanksgiving feast you could hope for. We ate and talked and then went back to playing and hanging out together. Like I said, simply wonderful.

Playing on the farm:
 
 
 
And the favorite of all . . . The Bouncing Bladder. Perfect for after you've stuffed yourself.

Grandkids
Brie dancing with Grandpa.

 Grandma and Grandpa protecting the young from the crazies.
Allred children gone wild.
 

Thanksgiving Feasting:
And the little old folks relaxing in their rockers after a good Thanksgiving supper that stuffed their bellies.
Certainly was a Happy Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

Jeni said...

Your dad looks fantastic. I love to hear success stories like his! And I love the pic of Brie eating her pie! So cute!

Jeni said...

Your dad looks fantastic. I love to hear success stories like his! And I love the pic of Brie eating her pie! So cute!

Rama said...

Now that is my kind of Thanksgiving. Just eat and eat and play and play and someone else does all the work. So great! And everyone looks very happy and healthy--especially Roger.