Friday, November 04, 2011

Kirkin o' the Tartan

Reformation Sunday is celebrated on the last Sunday of October, which means Kirkin o' the Tartan. Right in the middle of Halloween craziness. It was a nice change. We went Sunday morning to the First Presbyterian Church and actually recruited our good friends to come with us. I really like this tradition each year and it was cool to introduce our "Scottishness" to our friends. It is always amazing to hear the bag pipe and drum band in this beautiful church, hear the choir sing and listen to the pastor's message.
Scott represented Clan Buchanan in the procession of blessing the tartans. I could not contain Zachary in my arms, so he joined Scott. When the pastor was done blessing the Buchanan Clan, Zachary let out a big "Amen!".
 
Here we are afterward, miraculously all smiling and looking - must have been all that shortbread they served.

3 comments:

Sue said...

I wish we could join you one year, it looks amazing. Did Zach outgrow his kilt?

Kam said...

I also wish we could come sometime... it looks like so much fun. And your family pic is darling!

Rama said...

This should be a very blessed year for your family after Zachary's loud AMEN.