Monday, November 14, 2011

Happy Birthday Scott!

Happy, Happy Birthday Scooty Dear! Yesterday was Scott's big day. He wanted it to be a very simple and low key day and it was. For a special birthday surprise he came to church with us in the morning! Yahoo. It was sooooooooooooooo nice to have him in Sacrament meeting. Afterward, we said Happy Birthday and goodbye and he was off to work for the day. We continued on with Primary, Ward Council, Scout Meeting, afternoon naps and then finally it was time to get ready for the big party.

I let the girls decorate the house with streamers and the Happy Birthday banners. It turned out to be mostly decorated in scotch tape. We wrapped the presents and made chicken cordon bleu, baked potatoes, spinach salad and root beer for dinner and apple crisp for dessert. We were all ready when a tired birthday man arrived home. To his surprise, Brielle had prepared a few "party games" for him to play as soon as he came through the door. Lucky. One was to follow the trail of raisins through the house to a hidden surprise. All "you know what" broke loose when she discovered Zachary had eaten all the raisins!

We ate and then had our good friends, the Winns, over for dessert and to sing with us. Scott opened some new running shoes and socks (that he had spent an hour choosing at the running store the day before) and surprise, surprise, was very happy with the presents we gave him.

Happy Birthday Scott!
Zachary doesn't usually wear ties yet, but saw Scott putting his on and ran to find his own. He begged to have it on just like Scott. Not matching, but so cute.
 
 Brielle thought she might be going to prom rather than church with Dad.
 

7 comments:

Sue said...

Happy, Happy Birthday, Scott! I am so happy that you got to go to church with your family. I am also happy that they love you so much and planned great games and presents and everything. Such a fun day, minus the working. I would have loved to be there for the raisin game!

Kam said...

Happy birthday Scott! What cute pictures. We thought of you yesterday... Sounds like you had a nice relaxing day (except that part about working).

The kids look so cute. Samantha has a dress that looks so much like Brie's -- and she wore it yesterday to church. Funny, huh?

Randi said...

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO! I MISSED IT! Scott, I swear I will make it up to you! Please forgive me for being such a terrible friend. I hope it was happy!

Jeni said...

I am so ridiculously excited to live close to you guys that I can hardly stand it. If there was a way I could wind up on your street, I WOULD! Oh, and happy birthday Scott! We all have a date at Cafe Rio upon arrival! :)

PS..Kamber and Alicia, Sara Katherine has the same dress too!

laura said...

I can not stop laughing about the missing raisins. The drama... hilarious. It's all about those pesky younger brothers. And that picture of Scott and Brielle is making me laugh too.
Sounds like a great birthday(mostly because of the apple crisp).

Roger said...

It's good to get older

Rama said...

I don't agree with Roger. It is not so good to grow older--but you have lots of years to be young yet. I am twice as old as you are. I am so glad that you were born into our family and for the great job you have done with your life. You chose a wonderful wife and have three very precious children. Congratulations, and I wish you many more very happy birthdays. I love you Scott! Your proud mom.