We made a visit to the Aquarium. It is one of our things to do in the winter when it is cold and snowy outside. We tried to go months ago, but it must have been a school holiday because there was a line out the door. When I explained why we weren't going in to the girls they heard " big lion" at the door instead of "big line". They were just fine not to go in. They have been talking forever about the BIG LION outside the Aquarium and were glad to hear it was gone for us to go this time. Phew!
And I'll say, I'm glad I waited. They have really stepped things up there. The new penguin exhibit was FANTASTIC! We saw all the jelly fish, seahorses, sting rays, sharks, sea turtles, salmon and eels you could see. We watched them feed the sting rays, but neither Brie or Ava were brave enough to reach in and pet one. Zachary was though. He would have flung his whole body in if we would have let him. We also watched the feeding of the penguins. I was mesmerized. They were so cute and so fast in the water. We even saw them "courting" as the keepers want them to start mating. Fascinating.
Jelly Fish


Coral Cave play area

Rowing through the Amazon jungle.

Little does he know, but Zachary has an alligator above his head.

Sea turtles and sharks.

Diving in to swim with the Sting Rays.


The feeding of the penguins. Check them out. They are all swimming in the water to get the fish she is throwing in. So cool.

And again, clueless to a penguin above his head.
3 comments:
That place looks wonderful! Funny mix up with the lion.
Looks like so much fun! Brie is ever the poser, isn't she?! I love it.
What a great place to visit! Lucky kids to have a mom who will take them to such educational places.
Post a Comment