Have I mentioned that I LOVE being in the Primary? I really do. I am happy to be in there each week with all those kids. They crack me up and they amaze me. I care so much about them. I always feel the spirit in Primary with the simple, beautiful songs we sing and the basic gospel lessons we teach. It is a really good place to be on Sunday.
A new Primary theme came along with this new year. It's always exciting to find out the new theme, hear the new song and introduce it all to the kids. What makes this kind of crazy is the work put into getting ready for the new year (new teachers, classes, theme ideas) comes right at Christmas time. I guess it doesn't have to if you plan ahead, but it sure does for me. So along with Christmas, this is what I was up to in Primary.
I was especially excited about this theme. I wanted the kids to be also. The new theme is "I Know The Scriptures Are True". I did a whole sharing time to "kick off" this theme for the year. I sent the kids on a treasure hunt through the church. They found clues that lead them back to the Primary room where they discovered a treasure box and then eventually the treasure inside.

At the end of Sharing Time each child got a scripture bag that we made for them. Inside the scripture bag was a magnet with the theme and scripture for the year, a book mark with the theme engraved on it and a CD of the music for the year.



We also worked on making birthday gifts for the kids. This is what we came up with. I found pillowcases for about a dollar a piece. Our secretary machine embroidered them. I'm tying them up with ribbon and a happy birthday tag right now so we can go deliver January birthdays tonight. Can't wait.

I'm looking forward to another wonderful year in Primary.
5 comments:
I LOVE your ideas!! Do you post them on sugardoodle for others to use. You really should. That pillowcase is a brilliant idea and it looks great. I love all that you do for primary. I think you are amazing.
I just read Kiahna Russells blog and they had a great primary idea too. You should read it. I would love for Nathan to be able to have a night like that this year.
http://williamsdirt.blogspot.com/
Teresa - I just looked at Kiahna's blog. That was a neat write up. Your stake or ward Primary should be doing a Baptism Preview. We do one twice a year for the kids being baptized in the next 6 months. The stake does it (phew) and it is really neat. I am excited for Nathan.
You are so clever at coming up with great ideas for the Primary children. Your ward is very lucky to have you as the Primary President.
Wow! How fun!!! What a great idea with the pillow cases. VERY cool! And the treasure chest, and scripture bags... amazing! I want to come be one of the kids in your primary. :)
Post a Comment