
Look who became quite a bit more mobile. Zachary started walking around Christmas. He now does not stop moving. If he is awake he is running from thing to thing to check it out or tear it apart.



This little man is terrorizing our house and all of us! Zachary is 15 months old. He is absolutely into everything!
As fast as I can clean up the kitchen counters and wipe them down I look to the floor and it is a mess - cups, dishes, paper products, pots, pans and food.


Anytime we don't know where Zachary is we rush to the bathroom because he is for sure playing in the toilet and has even been known to put the toilet paper in his mouth from the toilet.


Zachary's two favorite tricks are opening the laptop and pushing all the keys or turning off the TV when anyone is watching. He goes to the TV, looks back at us laughing and grinning and then turns it off even though the girls are yelling "Nooooooo!"

You can always tell when I've had to take a shower with Zachy awake. (I usually wait until his morning nap.) I come out of the shower and most of what was in mine or Scott's bathroom drawers or cupboard is then scattered all over the floor.
We also try to wait to load/unload the dishwasher for when the crazy man is not around. He immediately jumps up into the dishwasher and goes for the anything he can get his hands on (usually knives) to throw out.

So, Zachary has always made a mess with his food, but now he insists on feeding himself with a spoon or fork. This morning his face, his seat, his pajamas and the floor were covered in oatmeal and squished up blueberries.

When I took it away because he was just flinging the oatmeal and laughing. Geesh!

Zachary does his very best work when he is tormenting the girls. He shoves princess jewels, polly pocket shoes and everything else in his mouth. But the kid just loves playing with their toys, even though they hate it.

Climbing INTO the doll house.

At last . . . contained. Heaven help us.
7 comments:
This post is AWESOME! I love it. First of all, your little man is adorable! He really is a good looking boy. Second, I love that you get to experience the joy of raising both sexes. I could see a similar post from me about the drama that comes with raising a girl, but I guess we will just have to imagine that. :-) This behavior is one of the reasons I am always one step behind my one and a half year olds at my in-laws house. Well, I hope little Zachy doesn't get himself in too much trouble. good luck with him.
Yes, he is adorable, but that wouldn't stop me from using the duct tape. Think about hobbles also.
How do you think we control the Skinner kids when we "get to" babysit?
I hear you! Five boys was a real challenge for me, but look at them now--handsome, intelligent, loving, considerate, helpful, etc. Your little boy is just wonderful! And his smile is so cute! Enjoy every precious busy moment--he'll grow up all too fast.
Buchanans! 3 comments:
1) Zachary is the cutest little boy we've ever seen.
2) After reading this post, we are absolutely terrified of adding a little boy to our clan after (like you) having two little girls. We will check back in 6 months to see what Zach is up to, and what we can "look forward" to.
3) It reminds me of President Monson's quote (along the lines of) the fingerprint smudges will vanish all too quickly, and we will, to our surprise, miss those days profoundly. Glad you are documenting these precious moments so well.
These are wonderful pictures and comments. Isn't he who they make all those locks for?
Oh my oh my oh my!!! He really is sooo cute, and such a handful! I love the toilet shots, and the messy eater shots, and the crawling inside the dollhouse shots. What a maniac. Now we all know what Scott was like as a child, right? :)
What a fun post to read, and a fun one for him to see when he's a little older. ha!! Secretly, though, it makes me terrified for when my #3 is mobile. I know she's a girl, but still... I'm finding a THIRD hard enough, and she doesn't even roll yet! Wow! I'll be calling for tips. :)
I love this post! It sounds sooo similar to our house....Gotta love those little boys!
Post a Comment