
Brielle at 5 years old.
Weight: 34 lbs. 4 oz.
Height: 42 1/4 inches


Weight: 34 lbs. 4 oz.
Height: 42 1/4 inches
At her 5 year old doctor appointment Brielle was weighed and measured and asked to write her name and draw a picture and jump on one foot and read an eye chart and more. She passed it all with flying colors . . . . until Dr. Brian did the hearing test.
Scott had been wondering about Brielle's hearing for a couple of weeks. I just kept thinking she was distracted or just not wanting to hear us. She did one hearing test and failed. She did a more accurate one in a different room and failed. I sat looking at her getting really sad thinking she was slowly going deaf and when would her hearing be totally gone and how will I learn sign language. Then Brian looked in her ears and found a HORRIBLE ear infection in one and TONS of ear wax in the other. They irrigated one ear and she's been on Amoxicilin for the other. We'll go back and test her hearing, but I can already tell all is well with her hearing.
We went to take her 5 year old pictures and Brielle absolutely adored getting to pose for the camera. Loved it! Can you tell? The lady put her in all kinds of poses, but the top picture is the one she let Brie choose and yep, it's my favorite. It is very her!
Scott had been wondering about Brielle's hearing for a couple of weeks. I just kept thinking she was distracted or just not wanting to hear us. She did one hearing test and failed. She did a more accurate one in a different room and failed. I sat looking at her getting really sad thinking she was slowly going deaf and when would her hearing be totally gone and how will I learn sign language. Then Brian looked in her ears and found a HORRIBLE ear infection in one and TONS of ear wax in the other. They irrigated one ear and she's been on Amoxicilin for the other. We'll go back and test her hearing, but I can already tell all is well with her hearing.
We went to take her 5 year old pictures and Brielle absolutely adored getting to pose for the camera. Loved it! Can you tell? The lady put her in all kinds of poses, but the top picture is the one she let Brie choose and yep, it's my favorite. It is very her!


2 comments:
Super cute! That's crazy about her ears, poor thing.
Brielle is a beautiful little girl. The pictures are so cute. I'm glad that you got her ears checked, and I hope she will be completely healed very soon.
Post a Comment