
Sunday was Reformation Sunday. We attended the annual Kirkin O' The Tartan. It was very nice once again. This time we took the girls. They colored during the sermon on having confidence in God, but when the pipers played they certainly paid attention. Brie let out a cheer for them and Ava covered her ears. She is still saying "Pipers too noisy!" Bagpipes were not meant to be played inside, but it sure sounds cool in that church.


Scott having his Buchanan clan tartan blessed by the pastor.
4 comments:
"This time we took the girls."
And the boy? I hope?? Or did he decide to take a little snoozer at home while y'all tartaned up the place? Another one of "Zach's firsts" -- home alone?
Looks like a fun tradition, and I love that Scott and his dad get to carry their tartan.
That is so neat you took the girls this year. What a fun family tradition. I imagine those pipes are pretty loud inside. Poor Ava's ears. :)
When you do the Wardin' O' the Tartan, I want to be invited. Bagpipes would sound great in your chapel.
I love your family's Scottish heritage! November is celtic month in Bakersfield, there is an all day celtic music festival at Cal State that we hope to go to. What do Scottish ladies wear?
Post a Comment