We started off with Boo at the Zoo. This is a blast. I think it is so fun to see all the kids in their costumes roaming the zoo looking for candy. We met our friends Rick and Arielle and kids, who were visiting from PA. For this time around Brielle chose to be Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz. Ava wanted to be a giraffe because we were going to visit the giraffes, of course.
Tuesday, November 03, 2009
Halloween - A Week of Dress Up
I don't remember Halloween being a week long celebration when I was a kid. It was just the night of trick or treating and that was it. Well, things have certainly changed. We dressed up at least 5 times. You can just guess who was in dress up heaven. The 5 was the "official" dress up and go out count. I can not say how many actual costume changes were made at our house in the past week. A LOT! (Speaking of, you should see Brie now. She is wearing a green size 12 month swim suit, green tinkerbell hat as a skirt and a red flowing cape.)
We started off with Boo at the Zoo. This is a blast. I think it is so fun to see all the kids in their costumes roaming the zoo looking for candy. We met our friends Rick and Arielle and kids, who were visiting from PA. For this time around Brielle chose to be Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz. Ava wanted to be a giraffe because we were going to visit the giraffes, of course.

Zach and a monkey that was born the same day as him. So cute.
Then we got to dress up for ballet class. This time Brielle was Alice in Wonderland. She and her friends tapped and danced all over the place in their costumes. They had a good time and it was adorable to watch.





The next day both girls dressed up as Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz. Brie went off to preschool all dressed up and Ava wore her costume to our Kindermusik class together. Brielle finished preschool with a parade of the kids for the parents.



After all of this excitement we took the Dorothys to Gardner Village for more Halloween festivities (more of this in the next post).
We are getting closer. October 30 was trunk or treat at the church. They both were Dorothy again and collected quite a bit of loot in their little Toto baskets.
We made it. Finally, it's Halloween! We dressed up one last time and went trick or treating around the neighborhood. Ava had lost her red, ruby slippers so just wore brown ones. Brie loved her ruby slippers so much that she added them to her Alice costume. I was just thankful we made it out the door one more time. Whew! Until next year.
The girls went around with their friends for awhile. I love this picture. They are all just noticing a motorized bat coming toward them. 
Oh and I am also very appreciative of all the candy they brought home to mommy. I don't think they have any idea that I have a huge bowl of candy in the cupboard that I taste from all day!
We started off with Boo at the Zoo. This is a blast. I think it is so fun to see all the kids in their costumes roaming the zoo looking for candy. We met our friends Rick and Arielle and kids, who were visiting from PA. For this time around Brielle chose to be Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz. Ava wanted to be a giraffe because we were going to visit the giraffes, of course.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
What a wonderful week! I find it amazing that you each had a week long party. I love the girls in their costumes! Dance class looks great - so colorful.
They look so cute. I imagine this will be Brielle's favorite holiday. Halloween really has turned into quite a production.
You really had a terrific week--the little girls are so much fun and so cute in their dress-up change of dresses. We had very few children come along our street this Halloween. Now what am I going to do with all this extra candy!
I'm tired just reading this. Bravo to you for going out FIVE times!! Holy Cow, that's a lot of dressing up. I love the matching Dorothy costumes- so cute. And I love that Ava dressed up as a giraffe for the zoo, very smart on her part since that looks much warmer than any of the other various costumes of the week.
The girls look adorable in their costumes! I do love the Dorothy ones the best I think. My boys changed a lot of times too, and unfortunately looked their worst on the actual night of Halloween.
I am jealous of the Boo at the Zoo. That looks so fun. I am not jealous of the weather though. I would not want to trick or treat in snow. I think I will take the humidity over that. :)
Hooray, I love Halloween posts the best. I loved the giraffe one but I don't think I will ever love a costume as much as Ava's chick from last year. Classic! My students dressed up as ...women with loose morals. Not quite as cute, but certainly scary.
If any of the candy is left when you come down for Thanksgiving please feel free to bring it along. The Skinners don't share very well.
Love you guys! Can't wait to see you. :]
Krista.
ha! so funny about stashing their candy. I did the same thing with my kids' loot. I allow Samantha a piece or two every day, then I gorge on the sly. She hasn't noticed how quickly it's dwindling yet.
Is Brie actually wearing pigtails in one of those pictures? So cute! I've hardly ever seen her in pigtails, but I like it. And I love the Alice costume. But I'm with Brie -- gotta have the ruby slippers!
Post a Comment