Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Bye, bye Bella

Ava says "bella" for grandma. She calls both mine and Scott's mom "Bella". I think it is so cute and quite appropriate. My mom came to stay with us for a week to help with the birth of baby Zach (who Ava refers to as "Hack"). She got here the Monday after he was born, just in time for Scott to go back to work on Tuesday. She left last Saturday and we have missed her. Ava keeps pretending to call Bella or taking the keys and telling us she is going to drive to Bella's house. We all wish she was still here and are so grateful that she came.

I knew it would be nice to have some help around here with baby #3 and I am so incredibly glad that my mom was willing and able to come. Bella came and saved the day. She made a week that could have been very hard and overwhelming be a very pleasant one. The girls were CRAZY. Ava was recovering from the fact that I left her for a couple days while in the hospital. Brie was just stir crazy and then had strep. So, Bella took care of the meals and the dishes and the house and the shopping so that I could just take care of kids that needed me. She read to the girls and took them out so that I could take a nap (YEA!) or nurse Zach. Most importantly, she could hold Zach or take care of other things while I helped Ava realize I still loved her and wasn't leaving her. And my favorite part of all - the morning she left, Scott took the kids and my mom and I cleaned. It was awesome. No interruptions. The two of us went at the vacuuming, dusting, mopping, bathrooms, laundry, etc. My house was sparkling when we were done. I wish that could happen every week.

Bella helped so much. I am so thankful to her for giving up her week at home, flying here and taking such good care of all of us. And thanks to Dad for surviving without her.

2 comments:

Sue said...

I loved coming and spending quality time with your family. It was a relaxing week for me and I love being near your children. Thanks for having Zach.

Teresa said...

I am so happy that Bella could come and stay with you. It sounds like a wonderful week. If Mom is going by the name of "Bella", it seems you should be affectionately calling Dad "Edward". (reference: Twilight)