(I'm catching up with pictures I just loaded to the computer.)Pioneer Day was July 24. We had a good one. Scott had to work although it is a Utah holiday and many people had the day off. I decided to take the girls to the Pioneer Day parade downtown. We got there 5 minutes before it started, got a great spot to park, perfect spot to set out our blanket and watched a really good parade. The family close to us even had Brie come sit up front with their kids. She EVEN got a pink cushion to sit on. She had a ring pop and was LOVING it! Ava kept crawling all over the place so I kept chasing.




The Pipers!

For Krista!

Of course, Brie's favorite part of any parade - the princesses!


After the parade Brie wanted to go see the temple. That sounded good to me and quite appropriate on Pioneer Day. We walked to Temple Square and did our usual: walk along the reflecting pool (Brie dipped her toes in this time), visit the Visitor's Center, look at the flowers and then go to the Lion House for Jello.


At night there were fireworks all over town, so Scott went out to buy a small package for us too. We lit them and we had a great show!
3 comments:
oh my gosh! i've never enjoyed a blog more. the picture deticated to me was almost too much. i loved it. especially that one in the red lava lava, he's not too shabby.
<3 Krista.
wow! you really lucked out! I have never heard of that kind of luck for that parade. I am proud of you for even attempting it by yourself, I am glad it worked out so well!
I LOVE parades and haven't seen one in ages. I wish I could have seen that one. I loved the Thomas Monson car. Pretty cool.
I am a little curious what you are saying as you are dancing in the video?
Post a Comment