Monday, July 21, 2008

Hike to Cecret Lake

This weekend our hike was to Cecret Lake. It was THE PERFECT time to go. This part of the canyon had just opened that day and the wildflowers were blooming. It was so pretty. We had a good time hiking up with both kids riding on us again. It was too steep and rocky for Brie to go up on her own, but she hiked the whole 1 mile down all by herself. Pretty good for a 2 year old. The lake was beautiful and perfect for throwing rocks (and snowballs) into. We sat and had a snack and then headed back down the mountain for a real picnic. Good times. I am SO GLAD we live so close to such beautiful mountains.

Wildflowers!
When Brie doesn't smile, Scott tells her to smile like a princess. This always works. This is what we get.
Brie hiked with her backpack "full of snacks to share" just like Daddy.Brie held up this tree so that we could pass by on the trail. Amazing!
We made it to Cecret Lake! Yahoo!I had been begging to go camping last weekend. Seeing Ava like this made me decide to wait until I don't have a crawling baby that puts EVERYTHING in her mouth.Our picnic at the bottom in Albion Basin.

2 comments:

Amber said...

another hike! you guys are awesome. I am going to have to pick your brains for some good kid hikes, I really want to take the kids.

Aaron and Jen said...

You take beautiful pictures! The girls are so darling! So Brie did okay on this hike? I was thinking just today that we should try this one!