Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Ava

Ava is all over the place!! And she is constantly cracking me up! One minute I absolutely adore the girl and the next I am annoyed because she is all of a sudden standing in her stroller or high chair and won't sit down!

I am surprised once again at how quickly a baby grows up and learns new things. I mean, I saw all of this happen less than 2 years ago with Brie. I'm also surprised at how it is all still so exciting and fun and impressive. Here are some of Ava's newest tricks!

She has started saying a few words. Ava can now say "Da da", "Hi", "No, no", and "Ma ma". Whenever she gets a phone or a remote control in her hands it immediately goes to her ear and she says, "Hi. . . . Hi. . . . Hi. . . ."



Ava can now go up AND DOWN the stairs!! YAHOO!!! You have no idea how thrilled I am about this one. We have a lot of stairs. I was worried about how to gate all of them or how to protect her from falling down them. We never did gate them. I just watched her closely until I was able to teach her the going down part. She learned quick and now crawls all over the house no problem. We came out of this without her ever face diving down the stairs!


Ava is giving kisses and they are big, wet, sloppy, open mouthed, with tongue and with a loud "Ahhhhhh!" to go with it. Every time she goes to bed she gives Brie a big kiss. Brie's not liking all the slobber so much. She attacks me with kisses. It makes me laugh so hard. She grips onto both sides of my face or holds on tight to my hair, opens her mouth big and latches on to my cheek or chin and won't give up. Ouch!


This trick is an old favorite. I think she was doing this even before waving or clapping. She LOVES it. Ava pulls this out for any occasion and is so proud that she can do it. And she does it a lot!



I am also LOVING that Ava can play with Brie now. They are (usually) able to play so well together. Ava is interested in Brie's toys, is captivated by Brie running and jumping and loves to "play" with her by chasing her around the house. It doesn't last long (before Brie takes all the toys from her), but while it lasts, it is great!


4 comments:

Buchanan House said...

Ava is smart, sweet and pretty--just like Brielle. How lucky you are to have two little girls who can have so much fun together.

Carolynj said...

Thanks for sharing the many pictures and videos. I am constantly amazed at how fast they learn and grow. What a cutie!

Steve said...

Hmmm, sounds a lot like a little boy that I know. Although he doesn't give open mouthed kisses, one of the boys did with the whole cheek grabbing and everything.

I have to say how great I think you look in your last post as well! I was showing Steve how good you look and reminding him that you had a baby after me. I am sure that he would be thrilled if I could look that good.

I was also laughing that you had Ava in a front pack! Brandon would break my back if I tried to carry him in mine for even 10 minutes. I did enjoy mine while I could though.

Dunn Family said...

They are so cute! We miss you guys! We need to get together soon before this baby comes and my life gets crazier!! We have 6 weeks, so lets do something soon!