Thursday, August 30, 2012

Kate: Six Months

My little Kater is growing. She went to her 6 month check up and these are her current stats:
Weight: 14 lbs. 8 oz.
Length: 25.8 inches
Head: 43 cm.

Kate is a happy, happy baby. She gets PLENTY of entertainment from sisters and a brother who are always putting on a show to make her laugh. Oh, and an Aunt Tawna who she has so much fun with. Honestly, they are in love with each other.
She got the boot out of our room soon after turning 4 months and had to go to her own crib in the "girls room". I was so, so sad packing up her pack n' play. I really missed her those first nights, but truth be told, I still let her nurse to sleep with me when she wakes up in the early morning. And shocking to me, having all three girls in one room together is actually working. Ava WOULD NOT go into Zachary's room (which was the plan all along) because it is a boy's room, so they are all together. So far, so good.

Sleeping in the pack n' play at the foot of our bed.
Her very own crib.
I snuck in one night to find this. She really does hold on to this dragon from Jessica to fall asleep.
And sometimes just conks out on the floor when she is just too tired.
This girl loves her toes! She always plays with or sucks on her toes. Very easily entertained and still very cute! I don't remember the other kids having such an obsession. Wonder if I should be worried.
Remember how Kate HATED a bath in her earlier posts? Like I was torturing her anytime she had to touch the water? Well, someone has changed her tune. She LOVES splashing in the water in the bath now. And especially loves that she gets to play with Ava in the tub. It's so funny to watch. She laughs and giggles and squeals the whole time.
One thing that has for sure NOT changed is the amount of times a day Kate pukes. Just ask Jessica. It is a lot. All the time. I'm just used to it being on me and the floor and the couch, but now it is carrots and sweet potatoes too!
That is right. Kate has started eating rice cereal and baby food in just the past week. She has taken to it like a pro. Still our chunkiest baby and this is why . . . she is a much better eater than anyone before her. It's a real joy.
 
Another new trick . . . scooting all over the floor. She went very quickly from rolling to her tummy, to rolling all over the floor to scooting/army crawling everywhere she wants to go, usually chasing after a toy. Doesn't she just look so proud of herself? Adorable.

1 comment:

Rama said...

Kate is so beautiful--in fact all of our grandchildren are beautiful! They must get it from the daughter-in-law side of our family.