We arrived home from Star Valley about 11:30pm Monday night. The next day was Pioneer Day. Even though I usually like to go join in all the festivities, I thought it was probably a good idea to just stay home that morning. BUT . . . I just couldn't do it. We turned on the Pioneer Day parade on TV and the longer I sat watching it with the kids, the more anxious I got to be downtown in the middle of the party. So I yelled, "Everybody get dressed and get in the car!" It was one of those no showering, no doing hair days. We just jumped in the car, got breakfast along the way and headed downtown to watch the parade IN PERSON. And I'm so glad we did. It was a really fun day together.
We got front row seats to the parade even though we arrived late. You know what is crazy? When we got to the parade Krista said, "This is the exact float we just saw on TV when we were leaving the house!" We didn't miss a thing.
And my FAVORITE float every year . . . Mama's Faith Temple Chapel!Kate had a delightful time.
After the parade we went to find Scott by sniffing out the cotton candy he was making. He was doing a fund raiser at work for the Utah Food Bank by making and selling cotton candy. Good day at work, huh?
We got our cotton candy and had a visit with Scott and decided to hang out at the Gateway for awhile. Come to find out, there was a whole new party happening there. A celebration of the 150th anniversary of the Union Pacific railway. They were handing out all kinds of loot including 10,000 cupcakes! And the kids met the governor.
And had a ride on the small Union Pacific train.
You know it was a pretty fun day when you go home looking like this!
No comments:
Post a Comment