Merry Christmas to me! Last Christmas Scott gave me a really exciting and really surprising gift when I opened tickets to see the musical "Wicked". It wasn't going to be until July 19, which felt very far away. Well, the day came and it was SO GOOD!
My sisters were in town to help us with the kids . . . thank heaven! We left and went to Blue Lemon for dinner at City Creek. It was a really nice, kind of cloudy summer night so we sat outside. And the food . . . . WOW! Possibly my new favorite restaurant.
From dinner we took a lovely stroll to the Capitol Theater.And found this "art" on the way.
We made it and we are excited! We did see Wicked once before. We saw it in London with Brian and Kamber. I remember it being a fun night with our two good friends and being so grateful to go with them, but I honestly don't remember a thing about the musical. I didn't remember the story or the music. This time Scott got us tickets on the 7th row. It was AWESOME!! Now I know. That is the only way to go. We could see all the costumes, facial expressions, dancing, everything so close. We absolutely loved it. I mean, really loved it.
We were LOVING the first half and then intermission came. One of our big concerns of the night was a baby girl named Kate who has made her decision in life to never, ever take a bottle. I didn't know what I was going to do for such a long night out. Thankfully, Tawna and Kory saved the day and brought her to me at intermission. Phew. As soon as the lights went up I hurdled the people next to me and went running out to feed the baby. It worked and everyone was happy. Thank you Tawna!
We made it a real night out and even went for dessert at The Cheesecake Factory afterward.
It was the best Christmas present. Such a fun evening with a man that I love and love to be with. Thank you Scott!
5 comments:
This is so cute, and looks like such a fun night out. I love that you nursed Kate at intermission. What a great plan! And, um, did you have a photographer follow you around? :) Looks like a great date. I hope he asks you out again. ;)
What a wonderful experience you had. I'm so happy for both of you!
Wicked is THE best. Without a doubt.
But all I could focus on was how skinny you and Scott look!! Both of you! You look fantastic.
Looks like a great night.
Wow! That is an awesome date. I would love it! I have yet to see Wicked although I have heard it's amazing. I LOVE that you nursed Kate at intermission. That was a brilliant plan. :-) Glad you two got to go out and had some wonderful helpers (sisters) to make it easier.
What a good Hubby!
Post a Comment