Scott and I sent our kids (and Laura and her kids) to Landon and Sarah's house for the day to watch conference with all the family. This made for a no stress, beautiful day. Scott and I worked together to pick up the house, put the food together (easy) and set up while we listened to some of conference. We also had a nice moment of sitting together, holding little Kate and talking about what we hope for her in her life and what we'd like included in her blessing. Priceless.
We had everyone meet at the church in the YW room for the blessing. It was overwhelming to see that whole room filled with the people that we love most in the world (some missing of course). It was just us. I was so grateful to have each person there. Scott gave Kate a really genuine, heart felt blessing. It was beautiful.
Kate Susan was given her name in the blessing. She was named after my mom, Susan. This day was made even more special because it was the 40th anniversary of my mom being baptized a member of the church. That decision led to a family being raised in the gospel and my forever family. I'll always be grateful she made that choice.
After the blessing we all went back to our house for dinner. It was a cold, snowy day so we had to contain the kids inside. Unfortunate. We had about 25 adults and 26 kids. It all worked out alright though. We served (four crock pots) teriyaki chicken, rice, fresh pineapple and green salad. Laura was nice enough to make little cupcakes for dessert.
All the Buchanan cousins together.
What a wonderful day!
6 comments:
Wonderful day, great post, beautiful pictures! Thanks!
Looks like an awesome day! Congrats to you and your whole family.--Becky and Tim
I'm so glad I got to be there to celebrate. I love that baby girl so much.
Thank you for remembering your wonderful mother
I keep thinking about that sweet Baby Kate. Every day. I'm so glad we got to meet her when she was still so tiny. Looks like she's still just as small and peaceful. Someday, I want to make it to one of your big dinners with the table extended throughout your kitchen. It just looks like TONS of fun! I bet it was so special to have everyone be together like that!!
What a special day, a special purpose, and special people. Thanks for inviting us to share it with you.
Post a Comment