The blog is sometimes hard to want to keep up. I like having it so that my family and friends who don't live close by can keep up with us if they want to. But really, the main reason I do it (and include so many pictures, I know) is this. The kids were on the floor looking at the pictures, remembering and laughing forever last night.
In the beginning of our blog I tried to think of all different ways to have it in a hard copy for us to look at for years to come. I figured out very quickly that I was not going to give the time or money necessary to scrapbooking it all. This was AFTER I paid to have a year's worth of pictures actually printed. I knew that I needed this blog in a book. It contained all the pictures and events of our family since the time Brielle was born. I finally came upon absolutely the easiest way to print it into a book and that is what I needed. Easy. And TA DA! I have been printing them each year (when the discount code arrives) and now we have every year of our blog - 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 in a hard bound color printed book.
I can not tell you how glad I am to have these. They are for sure what I would grab if the house was on fire and I had to run out and only grab one thing. I always say, "If I were to die, at least I have the blog books for the kids to remember me by and see all the fun we had together." They mean a heck of a lot to me and I hope they mean a lot to our kids as we are able to look back at these years and the memories in the future.
5 comments:
What a wonderful idea!! I wish that there had been blogs when my boys were growing up. Now what I have is a huge drawer in the family room for each of them with all their pictures etc. in it. And I don't know when I will ever organize it into scrapbooks. Brian and Glenn did take a lot their stuff off my hands.
Where do you get them? I would love to do the same. Let me know! Barb Tobler
So lovely! Last year we made a bunch of nice photo books of a couple of family vacations we had gone on with Jason's family, but I would love to have my blog in book form. What vendor do you use?
Barb and Kelly - I have used Blog2Print.com to print my books. I chose them because it was so fast and easy. I just press a button and they turn the blog into a book and print it. Nothing to it. The pics are kind of small and not the best quality. If I had the time or a smaller book to do (not as many posts or pictures) I would use Blurb.com. The picture quality is better and you can lay it out better. Best of luck.
I love that you do this! I wish I was as up-to-date as you!
Post a Comment