Scott has a few good guy friends that he hangs out with. They go on "man dates". These dates are almost always with Matt to the gym after they both have helped put their kids to bed. Sometimes a man date will be to a movie that the wives wouldn't ever really want to see (action). The most recent "man date" was the best of all.
It was Saturday morning. We woke up to all four kids coming into our bed to pile on Daddy. It was a nice moment and then got better . . . . Scott said, "Matt says he is taking his kids on a hike. I think I'll take ours and go too." WAHOOO!

I happily helped him get everyone dressed appropriately (you know Brie) and pack a backpack of snacks and diapers. Then I kissed them all and sent them on their way. Kate and I stayed home in our pajamas just snuggling on the couch and then napping. It was truly wonderful.

Everyone had a good time on the hike as well. Kind of. They hiked 3 1/2 miles round trip with the little boys in backpacks. Brie and Ava were troopers and proved again that they are really good hikers (something they are very proud of).


The dads and kids did well until a big rock was dropped on Ava's finger and she was hurt pretty badly. They didn't make it to the top, but turned around to head home. She finished the hike, but came home in tears. We had to clean it off - which meant wrestling her to where Scott pinned her down and I cleaned the dirt out and put the band aid on. Once that was all over she settled down, but was and still is quite traumatized. Hopefully she will hike again.
All in all a good date, I'd say.
5 comments:
Did Scott wear his hiking kilt? I'm dying to know.
That was a long hike for little kids. Sorry about the rock dropping on Ava's finger. I hope it is completely better now and that she didn't break it. And I'm glad that Alicia and Kate had a great time at home.
Ohh, that is heaven when that happens at our house too. I love it! I am glad Scott was able to take them for the day. I would love to know if the rock incident was a serious incident in your opinion or just to the injured party? :) It is crazy to see how brown and dry it looks there. It is a difficult task to find an area that looks that brown in GA.
sounds absolutely lovely.... the staying-at-home-napping-with-Kate part, I mean. I love that first pic, of Scott getting SMASHED by all the kids. ha ha!
Post a Comment