I must say, we are so appreciative of our old Dodge Caravan. We got it when Brie was a baby and it has been very good to us. Now it will go to a cute little Mexican family that is expecting their third child. We are SO SUPER excited about the new van . . . most especially the automatic door, the back door that doesn't have to be held up by my head and more musical options than a broken tape deck. We are high class now!
The same day Scott flew to Oregon, my mom flew here from California to meet Kate and help me. It was WONDERFUL to have her. She held the baby while I took care of house and kids or just took a shower. She spent a whole afternoon cooking with Ava in her Easy Bake Oven. She made us good meals and cleaned up the kitchen over and over. She read books with and played games with the kids. It was nice to have another hand around, someone to talk to, be with and help me figure out life with four kids. Thank you mom! 
With my mom came the delivery of the most beautiful new blanket for Kate. My sister Laura made this gorgeous blanket and sent it with her. I'm in love with it and so is baby. Laura and I went looking for fabrics when I was in CA, then she put it together and sewed it. It turned out great. I love the colors and how incredibly soft and warm the back side of minky is. This baby is living in the lap of luxury swaddled up in this blanket. I take it everywhere with me and everywhere I go all the women I pass ohh and ahh over how nice it is. So pleased. Thank you Laura!

Laura even included hair clips and a headband made from the fabric of the blanket. So cute.
When Scott arrived back home he also had a BEAUTIFUL blanket for baby Kate. Isn't this a lucky baby? It was a surprise from her cousin Ariana. Ariana is only 14 years old and made this incredible blanket. The fabrics are just right together and the back stitching is an awesome swirly pattern. She even chose a fabric with cupcakes on it before she knew we called her "baby cake". Just perfect. I was excited to see this gift from Ariana and felt grateful that she would put so much time and effort into something so special for our baby. We love it. Thank you Ariana!!
Scott even recieved a special delivery of his own. He came running into the house with the mail and then ran upstairs with a secret package tucked under his arm. He appeared again in a hiking kilt. He ordered this special little number for his 56 mile hike up Mt. Whitney with my family. Lookin' good! His skirt certainly shows off his hotty legs.
And today, Brie and Ava had a special delivery for all of our poor unsuspecting neighbors on their Sunday afternoon. They decided to put on a circus. That's right folks, a circus. They made flyers and were headed out the door at 3:30pm on a Sunday to knock on everyone's door and invite them to the circus. Luckily, my visiting teachers arrived and were nice enough to be the audience and save the neighbors naps. They put on quite a show of acrobatics. Really, it was so cute.

And I guess "The Amazing Zachary" was the mime of the show. Oh, and he went down the slide!
Yep, life has been pretty exciting around here - just take a look at this girl's face.

5 comments:
A circus?!? The fun never ends over there!
Love your van.
I love the blanket your niece made for Kate. What talent!! That type of thing is WAY out of my league.
I did not know Scott was serious about that kilt! Maybe I should get myself a hiking skirt as well.
That picture of mom and Kate is beautiful. Sounds like you had a great visit with her.
It looks and sounds like life at your home has been wonderful the past few weeks. The van does look great for your family, and the blankets for Kate are very pretty just like she is. I'll have to see the hiking kilt in person to really comment on it, but it does sound much more practical than a regular kilt for its purpose.
Kate is adorable. I really wanted to be there.
Thanks for returning your mom.
Looks like you're all having lots of fun. The van sounds especially exciting, and I hope you love it. Samantha just read this whole post along with me and loved the circus... I think she's now making plans of her own. :) Laura's quilt is gorgeous, and Kate looks so sweet and beautiful wrapped up in it. Such fun pictures. I'm glad your mom was able to come be with you. That sounds like a lot of fun, and so nice to have her taking care of you like that!
Let's hope Big Blue serves you as well as the Dodge I thought was unreliable 100,000 miles ago.
Post a Comment