I used to love to watch baby Ava sleep. She would always get in this position with her hands tucked together up under her chin. I thought she was absolutely the most gorgeous baby ever.
I was happily reminded of this when I checked in on Ava sleeping the other night. She still sleeps in the same position. Still just as beautiful.She loves to tease Brie and Zachy. She knows just what to do to make them SCREAM and she seems to really like doing it. She'll make up a song and just start adding Brielle's name to it eventually making Brie CRAZY. She pushes buttons just to tick someone off. (I've talked to several people who say their second child is the same.)
She follows Brielle's every move. She doesn't like to be without her. They play together, watch a show together, dance together, etc. etc. Yesterday she wouldn't go to a friend's house to play unless Brie came with her.
She is doing very well in preschool. I think it is just perfect for Ava's personality to be the very oldest in her class. She really shines. She can write her letters and some words and is a really good colorer. She always sits up to the table and wants to do "homework" with Brielle. I just let her do the same thing Brie is doing.
She is shy. She is excited that she has friends at church, ballet class and preschool, but doesn't really talk to them because she is shy. Where Brie would be jumping all over her friends, Ava stands back and watches the other girls.
She is awesome at tumbling. I signed the girls up for a 6 week tumbling class and Ava is honestly a natural. She is by far the best in her class. She does all the jumps and cartwheels and somersaults like a pro.
She really pays attention to direction. I can ask her to help me with anything and she does it just how I ask. I watch her following her teacher in tumbling and ballet also and follows them perfectly. (This is also a difference I notice between her and her older sister.)
I love having her around on Monday mornings. Monday is my cleaning day. While Brie is at school Ava comes around the house with me and is the biggest help. She picks things up in each room so I can vacuum and so I don't have to bend over. She wipes down the kitchen chairs and walls and is content to work along with me.
While Brielle is at school, Ava and Zachary have a great time playing together. I often times don't hear a word from them. I think Ava really enjoys finally getting to be the one in charge. She makes Zachy follow her around as she tells him exactly what they are playing, "You are the doggy and I am the kitty." or "You are the baby and I am the mommy." She gives him a lot of direction on just what to do to play and he follows along quite nicely.
She has always been a beauty (and a puzzle) to us and still is. We love Ava.
2 comments:
Love this view into Ava's life. I love the sleeping picture.
Ava is a cutie. I'm anxious to see what your third girl will be like.
Post a Comment