Thursday, February 09, 2012

Baby Shower . . . With The Pope

I'm getting close. Yes, I am. Here is the unfair thing about having kids come 3 - 4 weeks before your due date . . . you then expect it and it just might not happen. I have never really considered my due date as real. I immediately planned on having this baby at about 37 weeks. Well, guess what folks, as of tomorrow I am 37 weeks. My big fear now is, what if I really have to go past that?????????? No way. I have everyone waiting to hear the news of her arrival any day. Boy, we may all be fooled. I really hope I don't have to feel what 38 or 39 weeks feels like.

The crib is set up with clean sheets and a clean girly bumper (same one used for Brie and Ava). The newborn girl clothes are washed, folded and put away. The pack n' play is set up in our room with new baby soap, baby lotion, size 1 diapers and clean blankets all ready. The infant car seat is washed of all past smashed cookies and crumbs. The house is totally clean even with walls and base boards scrubbed. We are ready! And now we wait.

35 weeks:

36 weeks:

As we wait, I actually made it to my "baby shower" this time. With Zachary, my friends planned a party, bought and made food, etc. and I delivered him the morning of the shower. I felt so bad. This time a few different friends asked me about hosting a baby shower. As much as I appreciated the thought, I just didn't want to do a real shower. I have pretty much all I need for this girly and a night out with friends sounded so much more fun than sitting in a living room opening presents in front of everyone. So, I asked if we could just have a fun girls night out with pedicures and dinner. That is just what we did!

We started out with all of us getting pedicures. I LOVE getting a pedicure. Love it. I love it even more when I am big and pregnant. The massage feels awesome on my swollen cankles, I can't reach my feet to paint my own nails and now I have cute toe nails for delivery day. We had a fun time talking and being pampered and wondering what smack the Vietnamese ladies were saying about us. 

We then went to Bucca Di Beppo's for dinner. I had called ahead to get "The Pope table". It seats a lot of people on a large circle table so you can all see and hear each other. We sat at that table eating all the delicious italian food and italian sodas we could possibly force down for about 3 1/2 hours. We also opened presents and I was so excited to see such adorable little baby girl clothes. So fun!
It was a great night out with some wonderful friends. Now that is how you do a baby shower!

2 comments:

laura said...

This post makes me body hurt... and yet, you are still smiling. I have always been jealous that you don't get sick during pregnancy, but I don't think I want anything to do with carpal tunnel. Sounds terrible!
And in my opinion, that is the perfect baby shower- a night with good friends and the Pope.

Teresa said...

LOL. I am checking your new blog and saw this one again, and I SWEAR I commented on it! But it is not here, which is exactly what you said on your last comment on my blog. How Weird.
Anywhooo. I love this idea for a baby shower. In fact was going to send a link to this post to my friend here who is having her third baby. I would love to just go out to dinner, get nails done and she still gets presents. Perfect.