I got to say a little good bye to the Primary kids on Sunday. I knew it would be an emotional day for me. I spent the morning telling myself not to cry and to just hold it together. I kind of made it through Sacrament meeting (except when one of my counselors bore her testimony), cried through Sunday School when they talked about how much love we feel for the people we serve in our callings and then held it in Relief Society. At the end though, I went into Primary to say good bye and I love you. That was sad.
I had stayed up until 1:00am making 40 little bags of "Friendship Mix" to give to them. Luckily, my sister in law, Laura had made this to say good bye to their friends in NY and it was the perfect thing to copy. I thought it was cute and I was glad to give them a little goodbye treat. This is what the note says:
PRIMARY FRIENDSHIP MIXPretzels because our hearts are tied to yours in friendship.
M&Ms are sweet like the many sweet memories we have with you.
Our lives have been colorful and fun like Skittles because of you.
Marshmallows are like clouds, whether cloudy or sunny, we always had a good time together.
We would have gone Nuts without friends like you.
And a few goodbye Hugs.
I love you and I'll miss you, Sister Buchanan
I love you and I'll miss you, Sister Buchanan
1 comment:
Perfect poem. I will use it , and not only for good-byes. It will be great for a lot of things. It is wonderful that you love the Primary so much! What a privilege to have a calling that you love and learn so much from. You are destined for great things.
Post a Comment