Thursday, September 08, 2011

A Happy Birthday!

My birthday was celebrated in August and it was a good one. It was on a Sunday, so instead of me getting up, getting ready, getting three kids ready for 9am church, feeling sick, wrestling through church on my own and then spending the afternoon by myself with the kids . . . . Scott took a vacation day!!! So nice. So instead, I woke up a little later to the sweet smell of Belgium waffles being made on my new waffle iron birthday present. They were topped with strawberries and cream. My favorite. In Primary I got to wear the birthday hat and they all sang to me. Love it. After church I took a long afternoon nap. Love it even more. And then came my birthday dance!!! The best part all day. Brielle and Ava danced their little booties off to Beyonce singing "All The Single Ladies" in honor of me and my big day. Brings tears to my eyes. What a good day.To make all this even better we had dinner with my siblings (Landon, Sarah, Evan, Tawna, Korey) the night before at L & S's house were I was given my very own box of Honey Nut Cheerios to eat (because that is all that sounded good). And my birthday dinner was had at Greg and Cindy's house were we got to finish that dinner with "Better Than Anything" cake (that's what she calls it). Yum Yum. How nice, huh?

2 comments:

Rama said...

Love those two dancers! What a terrific birthday you had.

Jessica said...

I LOVE the underwear sticking out of those leotards! Hilarious. Sounds like a fun birthday and that Brielle and Ava certainly took after their mother in preparing a Sunday dance during naptime. I don't think we ever sang to anything quite so fun as "The Single Ladies"