Yes, there was a birthday party for Ava. Quite a birthday party. Let me explain. Ava was so, I mean so, excited to have a birthday party just like her friends. She asked for a "bouncy" party. She didn't have a bounce house in mind and neither did I. We weren't going to spend that much money on a 4 year old birthday party. I had no idea what to do. I was thinking of leap frog and other jumping games, I got some bouncy balls, but still didn't know quite how I would entertain these kids. Just 2 days before the party a bounce house rental came up on Groupon . . . . with a snow cone machine too!!! So, I figured, if I take everything (decorations, paper goods, pinata) I got for the party back it might just work out to be the same cost. And then I wouldn't have to do anything but let them loose in the bounce house and make snow cones!!!
So, we picked up the castle bouncing house at 8:30am and surprised Ava with it. She was THRILLED. Party time came and her friends arrived and I've never seen her quite so excited to have the whole party be about her. (Meanwhile Brielle was throwing a fit because she couldn't find just the right outfit that looked "bouncy" enough.) All the kids jumped and jumped and jumped and stopped for snow cones and jumped and stopped for pizza and cupcakes and jumped and stopped for presents and jumped! It was a hit. We had one very happy birthday girl. And two parents that were very pleased with how much fun the kids had and how easy it was for us.

2 comments:
Looks like Ava had a perfect birthday. My kids have been begging for a Bounce House. Condsidering how easy it makes things, maybe I will get one for them. And a sno cone machine as a bonus... Sweet!
That party sounds GREAT! I am glad you found that good deal. That picture of Ava by the cupcakes is adorable. She is getting so big and is so beautiful. Hope she has fun being 4. I know Brandon thinks he is pretty cool. :-)
Post a Comment