(Morning sunrise from our front window. Beautiful, but actually being woken up to see the sun rise is not one of the things I am grateful for.)
We got lucky this year! We had an Allred Thanksgiving and a Buchanan Thanksgiving.
Thanksgiving - Part IMy mom and dad came up from California for a few days to have Thanksgiving with Landon's family, Tawna, Evan and us. Nice, eh? We were so happy to have them here. We went to Landon and Sarah's for a lovely Thanksgiving dinner on November 20. This was their first time hosting in their new house. We walked in to nice music playing, good smells of turkey coming from the kitchen and a beautifully set table with their real china! It was delicious and so good to be with my fam.

While we sat warm inside eating pie it was snowing and snowing and snowing outside. It snowed all through the night and in the morning Scott, my mom and all the neighbors headed out to shovel. Dad and I avoided it all and stayed under blankets inside the house.

Scott built a hill of snow to make a slide (with steps up) for the girls. They had the best time! Good thing they have one parent who will play in the snow with them.






Mom and Dad stayed for a few days of frigid cold and then went running back to Cali when they heard the big blizzard of 2010 was coming our way. We're glad we got to celebrate with them (oh and that the blizzard wasn't really a blizzard).
Thanksgiving - Part II
We hosted the Buchanan Thanksgiving at our house on Thanksgiving day. We decided to cook the turkey with the convection oven. We put it in, watched some of the parade and it was done by 10:30am. It was so fast. We ate around noon and were all done and laying around looking at ads from the paper by 2pm. It was quite the relaxing Thanksgiving.


Fred, Rama, Brian, Rachel and their kids joined us for the feasting.



Zachary's first time able to eat Thanksgiving dinner.

And of course, at the end of it all . . . another slide was built. I think Scott does this every time he puts our long table away and every time it is a hit. They get to slide down over and over until someone gets hurt and then the table is hauled away to the garage until next time.


7 comments:
Sounds like two wonderful Thanksgivings. good food and good company.
That is the biggest turkey I have ever seen. That picture of Scott's parents made me teary-eyed. And I miss you guys!
How fun!
Do you think it is disgusting that seeing the big turkey and rolls make hungry for the big feast again. I swear it was just yesterday that I was swearing off food completely.
I love the picture of Fred and Rama. So sweet.
And I will not be showing Davin and Kea these pictures. They are determined to move to "Brielle's house" so that we can have snow. They are so deprived. That snow hill looks like a lot of fun- for kids. I prefer looking at ads under a cozy blanket in the house.
That was a wonderful Thanksgiving feast, and we enjoyed the delicious leftovers for the next three days. Thanks for hosting--you do such a fantastic job of decorating and cooking. We love you!
Yummy. We had a ton of fun having you guys over. You didn't mention that it really hasn't stopped snowing since that night.
WOW!!! That is one BIG turkey!!! Looks like a lot of fun though! I'm glad you got a picture of Zach's first time to eat thanksgiving dinner. I didn't think about that for Joshua!
That is such a cute picture of Scott's parents!
Thanks for hosting our visit. The Buchanans are sooooo gracious.
Post a Comment