
Saturday was the big game day. This game has been on the schedule and I've known we had two tickets for it, but I was not about to go. All season it looked like Utah was going to KILL BYU, it was going to be freezing and the seats were not together so I'd be sitting alone amongst the Utes!! Not my idea of a good time. BUT . . . BYU started looking better, the U started looking worse and Scott promised I could squeeze in next to him. I decided to strap on every single warm and blue item of clothing I could find and go to the game.
It was so much fun! We went to the tailgate lot first to see friends. They had chili, ribs and drinks of all kinds :) to share with us. I got some heckling walking through the lot, but most everyone was quite cool about have a cougar among them. While at the tailgate party a news station showed up and wanted to interview Scott and I about coming from a "split home". Here is the clip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Us9O4xsXmMWe went to the stadium and sat ourselves down in those cold metal seats to watch a 4 hour game in 30 degree temps. It was FREEZING!! The game was pretty close and stayed interesting though so we didn't stay seated for long.


In the end it came to a field goal that would be a for sure 3 point winning kick for BYU. I got my camera ready, I snapped the shot of Payne going to kick and then all the Utes around me started going crazy!! What??? I missed it. I was so busy taking a picture of "the Cougars winning kick" that I missed the block. Utah won 17 - 16. Crazy! And go crazy they did.

Those are some happy faces on these Utah fans!

5 comments:
Looks like a really exciting game with great comments from the family UTE fan and the family Cougar fan. It's neat that you got pictures of the event to keep and remember the day. The kids look cute and glad to be included too.
That was so awesome!
GO UTES!! haha You are a brave woman to go in BYU attire! Way to go! :)
BYU should have won, so there were tears from the California Cougars. My disappointment was offset by the fact that I was grateful that BYU lost the way it did. I loved the news clip. My poor grandkids!
Oops, the last comment was from Roger.
Post a Comment