Brielle and Ava experienced their first skating rink party! That's right. Their friend had her birthday party at the skating rink. It was just as you imagine. Dark inside until the strobe lights started flashing. High school kids (lots of them) zipping full speed around the rink. Music pumping. And our little 3 and 4 year olds right in the middle of it all. They didn't even notice all these much bigger kids flying around them. While I feared for their lives, they honestly had the time of their lives. They LOVED it. I could not pull them away to take them home. The birthday party was definitely a hit! I guess I feel better about them going there now at 3 and 4 then I will when they are 16. Here are some of the friends together: Marissa, Brie, Emma, Ava, Natalie.
Monday, November 08, 2010
Skate Partaaayyy!!!!
(So, we changed our clocks back yesterday. The kids, of course, don't get it. We kept them up a little later last night, but it's 5:45am and everyone is awake and wide eyed! Aaaagggghhhh. So I am doing a blog post.)
Brielle and Ava experienced their first skating rink party! That's right. Their friend had her birthday party at the skating rink. It was just as you imagine. Dark inside until the strobe lights started flashing. High school kids (lots of them) zipping full speed around the rink. Music pumping. And our little 3 and 4 year olds right in the middle of it all. They didn't even notice all these much bigger kids flying around them. While I feared for their lives, they honestly had the time of their lives. They LOVED it. I could not pull them away to take them home. The birthday party was definitely a hit! I guess I feel better about them going there now at 3 and 4 then I will when they are 16. Here are some of the friends together: Marissa, Brie, Emma, Ava, Natalie.
They got to ride scooters or try skates. They played all the games the DJ was calling out. Brie's favorite was "Wipe Out". Both Brie and Ava dance around the floor when the played "All The Single Ladies". They had a blast with their friends. They got to get their faces painted, eat pizza and cake. So much fun.





Brielle and Ava experienced their first skating rink party! That's right. Their friend had her birthday party at the skating rink. It was just as you imagine. Dark inside until the strobe lights started flashing. High school kids (lots of them) zipping full speed around the rink. Music pumping. And our little 3 and 4 year olds right in the middle of it all. They didn't even notice all these much bigger kids flying around them. While I feared for their lives, they honestly had the time of their lives. They LOVED it. I could not pull them away to take them home. The birthday party was definitely a hit! I guess I feel better about them going there now at 3 and 4 then I will when they are 16. Here are some of the friends together: Marissa, Brie, Emma, Ava, Natalie.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
What a great skating rink to allow scooters! Fantastic face painting, that really is becoming an art. Looks like so much fun! You had a skating rink party when you were 4 o 5, not nearly so nice.
What a great party! Your girls are so brave to be out there with all the bigger kids.
ohh, that does sound like fun. We went to a skating rink in VA a couple of years ago. Brought back lots of memories. :-) The boys were all on skates though and struggling a little bit. That really is neat the kids got to go on scooters and other things. I love it!
Looks like it was so much fun! Thanks for taking Emma!
Post a Comment