Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Allred Family Fun House - Bear Lake

Our Allred Family vacation was at Bear Lake and we certainly spent a good fair share of our time in the lake. The first day on the lake we set up camp in the morning and didn't head home until the jet ski rental was up and it was time for dinner. The lake was beautiful. The water was clear and a great temperature. There was a lot of shallow area and sand for the kids to play. And lots of sun for some to get REALLY sunburned.

Brie ready to dive in. Lovin' the beach.Ava found a comfy place to crash soon after getting to the beach.
Me and Zach arriving late after a very nice morning nap time.
The kids flew kites, played horse shoes . . .
dug in the sand . . .
delivered water bucket by bucket from the actual lake to the "big lake" that they were building . . .
while their parents took off on the sea doos. Scott and I drove out to the middle of the lake and jumped off to swim for awhile. The water was so clean and clear. Beautiful. (I must say I fell in love with the sea doo once I got to be the solo driver and there were no other boats or people. It was a blast to fly across the water like that, even when I was flying through the air into the water after Evan threw me.)Mom and Dad even delivered famous Bear Lake raspberry shakes to us on the beach. That is love, just ask Dad and his car.We had one more day at the beach. I really liked this spot, if you can manage to get your mini van, your kids, the food, the sand toys, the towels and all the other stuff there through the marsh you have to wade through to get there. It was worth it.It was worth it for some of us. Poor Ava.
Zach was happy as long as there was a fistful of sand to eat.
And, of course, Brie hit the water with Blake and Brandon. Again lovin' it.
Just looking at these pictures makes me want to be back in that water. So bad. Can't wait.

1 comment:

Sue said...

I figured out about sun screen. I day in the sun with out sun screen = 1 week of pain followed by 1 week of itchy peeling and vacuuming up all the peeled skin.