Memorial Day weekend was approaching and because Scott and I were running in a 5K in Midway Saturday morning we decided last minute to bring the kids with us and stay for the long weekend. It would be a little vacation away without going too far. It was just as much fun as we hoped for . . . . until the night in the hotel with 3 small children. Never again. We only ended up staying one night.
Saturday morning we got everyone up and loaded in the van early and drove to Midway. The kids hung out with Allyson while Scott and I did our race at the Homestead Resort. It was a 5K and 15K, I chose to stick with the 5K. It was a beautiful morning for a run. The scenery that we ran through was so pretty. It was a perfect little fun run. Two things Scott learned by running this with me - I do not run fast and I don't have even the tiniest drop of competitiveness in me. I wasn't racing, I was just running a nice little run with other people in a pretty place. Perfect for me. We did have a good time running together. I am glad we did it.


After the race we played on the playground swing set for a LOOOOONG time while we cheered on the 15K racers coming in. I hope to be in their group one day.






The kids also got to join us to swim in the resort's mineral pools. Brie was THRILLED. We swam and sat in the hot tub and swam some more. It was very nice. Zach got his first chance in a pool and wearing swim trunks. Adorable.


A big surprise to us was that just up the street Thomas the Train was visiting Utah. Can you even believe it? We didn't buy tickets (so expensive) we just went to see him and rode on the free little train and walked through all the Thomas the Train party they had set up. I think Ava liked it, but her real love is shifting from Thomas to Dora right now.


We stayed in the Park City Marriott that night. Of course, we swam lots more and went to have pizza on Main St. in Park City. Then it was bed time. Yikes. The girls did ok once we separated them because they were fighting too much being in the same bed together. Zachary, on the other hand, hated that pack n' play. He was not about to sleep there for more than a couple of hours. He kept waking up screaming and then you have to do all you can to not let him wake everyone else up. So, Zach and I sat in the bathroom on the floor watching a movie on the laptop while everyone slept. Great night.
My nephew used to call a Hotel a "hell tell" just because he couldn't pronounce it correctly. Well, now I call it that too. He was right. It was hell. We will try it again in about 10 years.

We found church the next morning and Jessica came to join us for a stroll along Main St. and dinner at Squatters. We made the drive back to our house and played in the back yard for the rest of the day. These kids were loving Aunt Jessica and her fine swinging abilities.


Memorial Day was just as it should be. We worked in the yard all day rearranging plants and planting new ones. The girls played outside with us and even got ice cream from the ice cream man when he came around. It ended with a barbecue at our house. Landon and Sarah came, Jessica was here from NYC and some of Jessica's friends joined us.



Ice cream cones for first dessert! Lime and berry tart for second dessert!


And S'mores for third dessert! Yes, it was a good night.



3 comments:
Hi Alicia- Sorry I haven't gotten back to you since your comment like a month ago! Gosh could it take me any longer. I'm glad you were able to go and get some shoes. Pete and I were talking and we would love to get together with you guys, like dinner or bbq. Let me know what you think!!
I love Zach in his swim trunks.
Okay, lots of comments here...
First, Alicia, you look GREAT! What fun pictures of your skinny little body after your race. You should feel proud of yourself (whether your run was "competitive" or not)!
Next, those pics of Zach on the swing and in the trunks are precious. He's getting even cuter, which I didn't think was possible. How fun to see him growing so fast.
And then, the pool -- isn't it great to have kids in a mineral pool? I love it -- so much better because it's warmer for them. We did that a few weeks ago and the LOVED it.
Finally, the hotel -- I wonder what was up with Zach and the pack-n-play? That's sooo not fun. But at least you got to watch a movie? hmm...
Oh, and the bbq looks delish and Jessica looks gorgeous.
That's all. I have commented enough for every lurker who is choosing not to comment, I'm sure.
xx, kam
Post a Comment