Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I'm A Little Tea Pot

Brielle has been in a ballet and tap class again this year. She has sometimes really liked it and sometimes really didn't want to go. When she heard that their big show would be "Beauty and the Beast" though, she was convinced that she for sure wanted to be a ballerina. And she was positive that she would be playing the star role of Belle. Well, she wasn't Belle, but she was a tea pot.

Her performance was at Kinsbury Hall with lots of other ballerina girls and she had the best time! She was so excited before. She LOVED seeing all of the girls in their costumes. She was happy to have a night with just her and mom and dad. She was THRILLED when Scott gave her flowers AND gum after her show.

She actually did very well as far as 4 year old tappers go. She didn't put her fingers in her mouth, which she does when she gets nervous. She remembered the whole dance and sang loud enough that we even heard her in the audience. Brie was so proud of her night.

Being led onto the stage by Mrs. Potts. (Dress Rehearsal)

Sooooooooo excited to get a HUGE bouquet of flowers from daddy!

6 comments:

Roger said...

To receive flowers and gum after the performance, Brielle must have been the prima ballerina assoluta!

Sue said...

I do think she is a perfect ballerina! She will have to dance for us.

laura said...

Brie looks adorable. And I like that the recital was all centered around one story line.
Kea had to focus on the flowers for a long time to see if they were roses. She admitted to me a few days after her recital that roses are actually her favorite, but that the ones we got her were "fine for this time".
Also, I just scrolled down for your 5k POST. Another one I missed somehow! The hell in a hell-tell is SOO true. Lila is offended by pack-n-plays also. I already know that when we are in Utah, she will be sleeping with Brian and I the whole time. Should be an interesting week.
Oh, one more thing. Dora is awesome. Blake is coming out of his Dora phase and it makes me sad. NExt stop, high school shows that are way to mature for my kids but are still on the Disney channel.

laura said...

Oh, and I just admitted to Brian that Zachy Poo might be the cutest baby I've ever seen. The pictures of him in the pool... gorgeous.

Aaron and Jen said...

So cute! I'm glad Brie had fun! What did you end up deciding about dance?

Kam said...

Soooo cute! Samantha is enthralled... asking tons of questions about it right now. What adorable costumes! And the flowers, wow, what a daddy!!