
We had a fun Valentine's Day. It was, of course, celebrated all week long because we have kids. Brielle got to take Valentines that she made herself to her preschool to give to friends. This was the first time we have done this and I had no idea that everyone (except us) included candy with their valentine card. It was like Halloween hit all over again. Tons of candy. We also had a Valentine playgroup. The girls got to play with their friends, eat more candy, make hearts and then heart attack the Bishop's door.

Scott and I went out Friday night for Valentine's day. The young women in our ward are raising money to go do service in Africa so they were babysitting at the church. Perfect. The girls got to paint, color, play games, sing songs, get animal balloons and again eat a lot of candy. Scott and I went to dinner (steak tacos, mmmm.) and then to a stake date night fireside and then home to put everyone to bed.



Sunday we woke up to treats on the table for Valentine's day and Scott made heart shaped waffles for breakfast. I ate the chocolate dipped strawberries he gave me as I gazed at the beautiful roses he had brought home. What a breakfast. Delicious. It was a short, but sweet celebration as I had to be out the door to ward council at 9am and then Scott had a meeting as soon as I got home. Valentine's day got really romantic when we were struggling with our 4 month old and 2 year old at church that goes 1pm - 4pm. Right during nap time. Awful!!! I got to give the Primary kids treats though and tell them how much I love them. Poor Scott was stuck in the nursery with the two tired, crying kids. At home we had a salmon dinner (because it is known around here as "pink fish") and then finally got the kids in bed. Wa hoo!
All in all it was a nice Valentine's day, hope yours was too.
4 comments:
Going to a "stake date night fireside." Now that is romantical!
I never realized how much Ava looks like you until I saw that first picture. What beautiful girls!
I have been thinking about the chocolate strawberries all week. They sound perfect. Your Valentines sounds wonderful, except the 1 - 4 part.
It looks like a wonderful Valentine's Day. What lovely decorations and flowers and family. Little Zachary looks especially cute--he is really growing.
Post a Comment