Friday, January 29, 2010

Little Mr. Z

Zachary is now 4 months old. In honor of turning 4 months, he started to roll over today. Poor guy had is arm pinned underneath him though and couldn't make it all the way. I'd like to hold off on rolling or anything else for a while. I feel like he has left the newborn stage way too quickly and while I wasn't even looking. He is such a big boy already.

* Zachary is the cutest boy! Brielle tells me every day that Zach is the cutest baby boy in the whole world. I would agree. I also think he is so sweet.* He is a very smiley little guy. He will smile and laugh easily. It certainly makes me feel like a real comedian. He also smiles really big for Brie and Ava. . . . until they start smothering him. *Brielle always calls him Zachariah. Ava calls him that too now, but with an H at the beginning and it sounds more like diarrhea. * Zach is a perfect 4 month old sleeper. He soothes very easily. When he starts showing he is tired, I rock him a little in my arms, wrap him up, lie him down in his crib, put a soft blanket next to his cheek, he burrows his cheek into the blanket, sucks on his chupa and drifts off to sleep all by himself. What a good boy. His naps are still a little sporadic during the day, but he usually sleeps a good 3 hours in the afternoon. At night he still wakes up twice to eat and I still don't mind (usually). * He loves his swing and is usually quite content there. He also gets a lot of time to kick around on a blanket on the floor completely enthralled with how incredibly amazing his hands are. He gets to be on the floor until Ava comes along to terrorize him thinking she is playing with him. The other day she was sitting on him hoping he would give her a pony ride.* Zach is smelly and sweaty. This is different from the girls. I don't know if it's because he is a boy or what, but he really does sweat. And when the kid has gas . . . . watch out!* Zach loves kicking around in the bathtub with his sisters and I love how he smells and feels when I get him out and lotion him up. Mmmmmmmm!* He gets dressed up by Brielle regularly. He has been accessorized with everything. Ava applied strawberry lip gloss to his lips yesterday and then was showing him how to smack them together. Poor guy.* Zach does not like his car seat at all. He'll still sleep in it sometimes, but would much prefer to be in his bed. If he is awake in the car seat, he is usually screaming. Those of you who have talked to me on my cell as I drive around town can attest to that. There is a lot of background noise.

We absolutely love having a baby boy. And we are so glad that it is this little boy!

4 comments:

laura said...

I love that kid. He is seriously so handsome. I love all the pictures in this post too. I just want to hold that boy!

Sue said...

What a wonderful look at Zach. He really is growing so quickly, I love the pictures of him.

Kam said...

I can't believe he's already four months old!?!? Wow. He is getting big. And soooo cute, too. I have to say, I think the sweat IS because he's a boy... and the gas. I felt the same way about Spencer. He just was a smelly, sweaty boy from the very beginning! And his feet even started to stink at a very early age... but that could be hereditary? ha!

Give Hachareeah kisses for us! Cute boy.

Emily said...

Hi Alicia..

This is Emily, Scott's cousin. Zach is so very cute! Thanks for posting.

Just wondering where you got your little seat for the tub. My sister Libby is having a baby boy in a couple of weeks and I would like to find one like that for her.

Thanks much..