Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter

Our Easter weekend really was a great one! We were lucky to be with lots of friends and family. Saturday morning we met up with some friends and their kids for an Easter egg hunt at the Presbyterian Church. Wow. They do a good job! We loved it. There were lots of kids and lots of eggs. Some of the eggs even had prizes. After the hunt we went in for face painting, crafts (make your own cross necklace), egg dying and breakfast. We'll be back every year.That evening we had a delicious soup dinner with Grandma, Papa and the Laura and Alan family from NY. The cousins got to dye Easter eggs together. Sooooooo careful. Every one of Brie's eggs were hot pink.
Tawna helping Ava color on an egg before dying it.
Laura and Abby (with a double ear infection, but still looking cute).
That night we did some cut outs for Primary the next day and set out Easter baskets. I even attempted making bunny footprints on the carpet with flour.The excitement in the morning was CRAZY! Brie was so excited that the Easter Bunny really came and Ava was THRILLED that she got to shove candy in her mouth!Brie got two new games - Hungry, Hungry Hippos and Elefun! She even got her own Book of Mormon to hold up in Primary when we sing "Scripture Power".
We went off to church and the girls were in their matching Easter dresses. This is best picture I got. It is absolutely impossible for the two of them to look at the camera. Primary went wonderfully. I was so happy with how everything turned out and all that was said and felt. Perfect!We ended the day right with a WONDERFUL dinner at Brian and Rachel's house with more cousins. Being at Annabelle and Clara's house with them is Brie's own personal heaven.We hope everyone had a Happy Easter!

This is what trails Ava everywhere she goes.

4 comments:

Aaron and Jen said...

Every year I think we should go to that easter egg hunt and we never do. It looks like tonz of fun! Next year we'll have to go!

P.S. Primary was awesome!

Landon said...

Alicia, are you wearing green bunny ears at dinner with Bryan and Rachel? I think that's awesome. Way to get into the Easter spirit!

Roger said...

Ava and I have a lot in common.

Sue said...

I love the pictures of Christ in the Easter baskets, and the Book of Mormon. I have been trying to find a way to add more of the reason for the season to the holiday. Great Job! I am happy that you had such a great day! And in two days you will be here! Another GREAT Day! My favorite part of our Easter was the music in the Skinner's Sacrament meeting and having them over for dinner.