Sunday, April 05, 2009

Easter Sunday in Primary

I've realized through a couple of my posts how many of you are in Primary at church like I am. I'm in charge of Sharing Time on Easter Sunday and am VERY excited about what we will be doing. I find that Sharing Time is often quite entertaining and fun, but this Sunday I'd like there to be a real feeling of what a special day it is and a real remembrance of Jesus Christ. So, I thought I'd share just in case anyone else is trying to put together something for Primary on Sunday. (I always appreciate getting to copy other people's ideas.)

Walking in Jesus Footsteps

The kids will all go to class first and then come into Primary for the third hour (combined). They will walk into the primary room and all the chairs will be cleared away, it will be quiet except a CD of "Come Follow Me" playing. There will be paper cut outs of footprints along the floor.

They will find 5 people dressed up in the room. They'll follow the footprints to the first person and sit down around her. This person is dressed as and will act as a person that was in Jerusalem on Palm Sunday. She will tell of seeing Jesus ride buy on a donkey and what she felt and saw. We will then sing "Tell Me The Stories of Jesus".

They will follow the footsteps to the next person. He is one of the apostles that was at the last supper. He will tell of Jesus offering them bread and wine and all that happened and was felt. We will sing "Love One Another".

The next person they go to is an apostle that waited in the Garden of Gethsemane. He will tell of waiting and seeing Jesus suffering and trying to stay awake, etc. We'll sing "I Feel My Savior's Love".

The next person is an apostle (probably John) that was there when Jesus was condemned and crucified. We'll sing "Beautiful Savior".

The last person will be Mary. She will tell of seeing Jesus resurrected and touching his hands and feet. We'll sing "Did Jesus Really Live Again".

I might say a few things, help them recognize the spirit and then say a prayer and be done. I'm so excited to see how it all goes. I hope it is a beautiful experience.

2 comments:

Steve said...

I love this idea! As long as you can keep the kids serious and reverent while sitting on the floor, it sounds like it will be really nice. Let us know how they do. You are also going to need some pretty animated actors.

Roger said...

...and ropes.