Thursday, February 05, 2009

Child Play

Well, I haven't been a good blog poster recently. First and foremost because Tawna introduced me to a whole new world out there called Facebook. Amazing! Second, because when I sit down to the computer Ava comes along and knows exactly what button to push to shut the whole thing down. She turns the computer off as soon as I'm not paying attention to her.

Third, I'm a mom. We are out doing a lot of fun little kid things every day. Here are some pics of the girls at play.

We have an annual membership to the aquarium. It's not much, but it's very close to our house and ballet class. We went after ballet class last week and it was just enough for Brie and Ava. They love seeing all the fish, finding Nemo, trying to pet the sting rays, watching the sharks be fed and running around the under the sea climbing area.
Every time I'm in the kitchen, Brie wants to be on a stool "helping". Boy, does she help. She helps get everything everywhere, but it's fun to have her. We made DELICIOUS molasses ginger snap cookies and she got to roll the balls of dough in sugar.
The girlies eating peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches and LOVING them!
Our playgroup with church friends is THE BEST! The kids always have a good time playing and the moms have a great time talking. Last week we had a Safari Day. The kids made binoculars out of toilet paper rolls and then got to decorate cookies.
Ava with the two girls exactly her age. This made me realize how bald she is.Ava LOVES listening to Tawna's iPod. She keeps it in her ear listening and then puts it in her baby's ear to let her have a turn too.
Brie's friend, Daxton, came over to play on Monday. I realized it was Groundhog's day! Yeah! So we made little groundhogs and then we took them in a dark room with a flashlight to see if they saw their shadow. They did. We also watched the real groundhog in PA on the computer.
When the Groundhog's Day celebration was over, Brie decided to change into her "wedding dress" so that she and Daxton could get married. He was very excited about it. The interesting part came when they "went to bed". The layed together on the couch for a long time pretending to have gone to bed. What a wedding night huh?Today was our first day of doing a co-op preschool. It was fun and I think we'll like it. The kids made the coolest craft by sprinkling shaved crayon on paper and then ironing it. Very cool.
That's my life. Me and two little girls. And I love it.

3 comments:

Jeni said...

First of all - I love that Brie is wearing her Snow White dress up costume. At play group. How classically Brie. :) And, how her and her husband are as far apart as they can be on the couch on their "wedding night". And, I want to know how to do that crayon/iron thing. Any chance you could post directions? I need more fun craft ideas to do with my kids, and your playgroup has lots of them!

Teresa said...

Sounds like a wonderful life with two little ones. The crayon craft is very cool. Never seen that one before. I love the personality that comes out in every last one of Brielle's pictures. What a fun girl.

laura said...

That picture of Brie eating the sandwhich is one of my favorites of her. Her eyes look so beautiful.
And I very much enjoyed the melted crayon picture she is holding. I couldn't quite put my finger on what it looked like to me. But finally, I had an OB appointment and realized that Brie's picture is a recreation of the female reproductive diagram- with crayola. Very impressive.