Friday, January 30, 2009

I Heart . . .

There are a few things that I am loving lately.

1. The laser. Thank you to whoever the physicists were that invented the laser and all of it's possibilities (I'm sure Bryce could tell me who they were). Eight years ago I went to New York City and had my eyes lasered (laser eye surgery)! It was a total and complete miracle. Best thing ever! I used to need glasses or contacts, but since that laser day, I have seen perfectly! Awesome.

Now I've experienced the incredible power of the laser again. As you may remember, Scott won me a laser hair removal package for Mother's Day last year. I've had six sessions (that last about 5 minutes each) and now TA DA . . . I never have to shave my armpits again!!! Thank you to the blessed laser for under arm hair removal. Incredible.

2. Central Vacuum. Our house has a central vacuum. I can not express how much I love having a central vacuum. It is the best. I plug it in one spot downstairs and can vacuum the whole entire downstairs. Then I plug it in upstairs and can do the whole upstairs, including the stairs themselves. It works really well, better than any other vacuum I've used. We can also plug it in the garage and vacuum cars.

The very best part though is in the kitchen. I sweep the kitchen, get my pile o' dirt right by the vacuum sucker under the cabinets, flip the kick plate and it all gets sucked right in. No dust pan. Awesome.

3. Dark Chocolate Almonds with Sea Salt & Turbinado Sugar. These are only found at Trader Joe's and it just might be worth a road trip to California to get some more when mine run out (which will be very soon). I love 'em. Seriously. They are so good. Roasted almonds covered in delicious dark chocolate and then sprinkled with sea salt and sugar. What an amazing combination of sweet and a little salty. Yum!

4. Bread Machine. Laura was totally right. I love having a bread machine. Thanks to the Hayes family for giving us their bread machine that they've never used. I haven't used it to bake bread and don't know if I ever will. I like it for the same reason Laura does, it is perfect to dump all your ingredients in for bread or pizza dough and then it mixes it, kneads it and keeps it warm to rise. Last night I made thin wheat crust pizza with mozzarella, tomato and basil. DELICIOUS!

5. Macy's Clearance Sales. Macy's has been having WICKED AWESOME clearance sales. Seriously. Everything is clearanced so low and then you take 20 - 30% off of that. Scott and I both came away with some stylin' new clothes and each item was $4.99. Incredible. We also came away with whining, crying, fit throwing children and huge headaches from keeping them controled in the store too long. I want to go back (without kids), but know I shouldn't step foot in that store. I can't control myself.

5 comments:

Bayless said...

I have a trader joes just down the street, want me to mail some?

Sarah A said...

okay, another trader joes treat I'm loving: the Temptation trail mix. cashews, almonds, dried cherries, peanut butter chips, Belgian chocolate. Need I say more?

laura said...

I'm with you on the bread machine AND Macy's. There really is NO better store in the world. Their clearance racks make me crazy excited.
However, I am not feeling the dark chocolate and sea salt. I'll have to take a trip over and experiment for myself.

laura said...

Oh, and I have to send a shout-out to Dyson vaccums. They really do suck.

Buchanan House said...

Oh to be young again and raise my five boys with all the modern conveniences and wonderful store sales and yummy treats of today. Enjoy! --Rama