Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Brie Today

Today started with Brielle's ballet and tap class. We were wondering how I would get her hair into the bun she is supposed to wear with all the short, cut hair in back, but it worked. Brie is LOVE, LOVE, LOVING dance class. She follows the teacher very well. Her only problem is that the room has mirrors on every wall and she sometimes gets REALLY distracted with watching herself shake her hips in the mirror. Hip shaking is not really part of ballet. We went directly to get Brie's hair cut/fixed after ballet class. She picked her movie, sat in her car and loved every minute of the experience. Especially when the girl sprayed her hair with glitter to make it "all sparkly" at the end. Ava got to play on the slide during the ordeal, so she loved it too. So, there are lots of snips that are right up to Brie's scalp that couldn't be fixed, but I think the hair cut looks pretty cute. Thankfully, she has curly hair. All the chops she made just kind of blend together in her new A-line hair cut. Eating strawberries and cream cheese for lunch! I think she is pretty happy even with her hair so short. We'll see if it takes another 1 1/2 years for it to grow.

8 comments:

Sarah A said...

I'll be honest, I love her new hair cut! I think she looks adorable. Maybe it was a blessing in disguise. Then again, maybe it is the glitter-spray that makes it look so good.

Jeni said...

I love the new cut too..you would never know you were trying to "fix" something. Ah, the things I have to look forward too. :)

Sue said...

She looks so cute with her hair, and I love the ballet class! For Brie, it seems like cutting her hair resulted in a great day, hopefully she understands that a trip to cookie cutters does not require the need to fix a bad haircut.

laura said...

So far, we have not dealt with the hair cutting experience. I marched all my kids to the computer and showed them what Brie did and made a big deal out of it. They can't believe her rebellion.
I, too, actually love the new look. Basically, all Brie was trying to do was layer her hair. A sensible request these days. She looks adorable.
Oh, and we love watching Brie's dancing videos. Kea always says, "Mom, Brie is not shy. I am shy." Yep.

Steve said...

I love the dance class. That is so cool that she gets to do that. What a perfect thing for her.
The hair looks fabulous, and your right she is lucky she has curly hair. Curly hair is the best!!

Buchanan House said...

Pretty face, pretty hair, pretty teeth. Brielle is one lucky little girl. --Rama

Turner said...

My cousin pretty much shaved the top of her head and left a mullet look when she was about Brie's age. That was monsterously horrible and took like 2 years to get back to normal. So...at least...she cut the back of her hair. I wish we could give some of Laird's fast hair growth to both Brie and Ava. Hope to see you guys soon (SuperBowl)?

Aaron and Jen said...

I love Brie's new hair cut! It is so adorable! You wouldn't even know she tried to cut it herself! The dance class looks like so much fun! Keep me posted!