Tuesday, January 13, 2009

TROUBLE

It literally has only been a couple of weeks since Brielle turned three years old. The year of her being two had it's hard times - potty training, cutting out a nap, tantrums, etc. But being three has brought on bigger problems ALREADY.

While still at home in CA, Scott heard a gasp from my mom in the dining room. He ran in to see what she had found and they both stared at a HUGE mural drawn in red crayon on the wall. Brielle explained herself saying, "But Daddy, I just wanted to draw my baby a picture." She got in big trouble. She then had to clean the wall. With a magic eraser and everyone helping her it came off quite easy.Our New Years Day family picture. (I'm pretty sure this happened while Scott and I went to take showers.)
All clean!
Yesterday I was checking out Ava's major mullet and decided to snip a bit of the long part in back (party part, if you will). I cut it and then took Ava in the kitchen to clean her up. I then heard Brie saying, "Mom, I'm going to look just like Daddy! I want to look just like Daddy!" It didn't register at first and then it clicked. I ran over to see what she had done. Brie held out a full handful of her blonde curly hair. She cut so much off and there wasn't much to begin with. I laughed inside and then was so sad as I saw the damage (and felt horrible because it was kind of my fault). She kept telling me, "It's ok Mommy. I just wanted to be Daddy's best buddy and look just like him." Well, I'll tell you what . . . it will be punishment enough for her when all of her hair gets chopped at Cookie Cutters tomorrow and she looks like a prince! Aahhhh! It will be devastating I'm sure. How sad!
To add to the drama, I had just scheduled Brie's 3 year old picture to be taken this morning. I decided to go ahead with it anyway because you can't tell as much from the front. I just told the lady to avoid shooting her from the side. She was a perfect poser and smiler for her pictures. Watch for pictures tomorrow of the aftermath of our visit to Cookie Cutters. I think it's going to be VERY short. Curly hair and short hair do not go well together. Just ask me from my afro years, ages 8-14. Not cute.

7 comments:

Roger said...

I think that Brie SHOULD look just like Daddy!

Randi said...

Ah! The stealth self-haircut. It is every little girl's rite of passage. Welcome to womanhood, Brie.

Sarah A said...

Awesome. I am looking forward to tomorrow's pictures!

Teresa said...

What a horrible child!! J/K of course. I agree that 3 year olds seems to be worse than 2 year olds. They have more abilities, therefore they can cause more trouble.
I love the pictures of the girls. The dresses are so cute, and the girls are posing perfectly.

Buchanan House said...

Every little child has to cut her/his hair once. She will still be a cutie even with short hair. You have beautiful daughters, and the pictures are really pretty. --Rama

A, M and S said...

Haven't you heard the saying "whoever invented the phrase terrible twos hadn't experienced three yet?" Hold on tight.
R

Dunn Family said...

Oh gosh!! I literally am lauging out loud so hard. Brie is so funny! BUT, the hair cut from cookie cutters is very cute on her! I love it! Well, I hope Zoey doesn't become worse at age 3, she is already hard enough!!