Tuesday, July 16, 2013

California: Grandma and Grandpa's House

What is a trip to Grandma and Grandpa's house in California without a lot of pool time? That is what our kids are always most excited about on our long drive to Bakersfield. Well, the pool AND piko. 

We all got some good swimming time in and everyone seemed quite pleased with all the hours in and around the pool. All the adults get to sit and talk and the kids swim until they have swallowed their weight in pool water.
Brielle even found herself a pool boy while she floated and relaxed on her raft.
"Look Mom, I'm surfing!"
He crashed.
We even had some strange Saudis crash our pool party fun.
I decided to play dress up too. It was so heavy and hot. I really feel for those women.
Totally against the rules.
We got to go to church with the family, which means Primary with cousins. So exciting! Exciting for me was being escorted to church by two official Junior Rangers! Wearing badges to prove it and all. They were so proud.
Another activity added to our Sabbath day with cousins was geo-caching. The best uncle ever (Scott) and the best aunt ever (Krista) took all the kids out in search of geo-caches. The adults back at home were so very grateful and the kids had tons of fun finding FOUR geo-caches!

Number 1.
Number 2.
Number 3.
Number 4.
As usual, when we visit Bakersfield, we had a few mornings at the park. This is what I found at the park when I joined everyone there (after showering from running 12 miles for my first time ever). Cracked me and Scott up. They are all huddled under the only shade they could find.
And one of our favorite things to do in Cali - pick and eat all the fruit we can handle. I mean, we are in the breadbasket of America, right? We took all the kids to Murray Family Farms for the day.
Ava, Kate, Brielle and Zachary in the nectarine orchards.
We put these kids to WORK! And came home with a lot of good fruit. Fun day at the farm.

No comments: