(January is taking it's toll on this blog. I just feel like doing nothing. Have you noticed? If you saw my house you would. I have not finished 2012 yet. I need to get it done so that I can finish our book for the year. So here goes.)
As soon as the party of Christmas and Brielle's birthday were over, we had one day to clean up and get it together before a new party started. Alan and Laura were off on a week long vacation in Hawaii and we got to have their four kids with us for three days. I was a little nervous about how this would all go, but I could tell in the first 5 minutes that all would be good. They are honestly the easiest kids I have ever come across. They were so happy and helpful with each other and just fun to have around. We had a great time.
Our day of relaxing before the fun started again began with the Easy Cheese from our stockings. Of course.
And trying out the new umbrellas that Santa brought.And playing the new games we got for Christmas. I love Headbanz.
Zachary playing Headbanz - "Ummm, you Ketchup!"
Finally! Chowing on all the hard, stale candy from the gingerbread house.
And playing on the new Ipad!
Then . . . . they arrived. The cousins - Connor, Abby, Andrew and Hannah. Our three days of fun started.Connor showed Zachary just what boys are in to. Beyblades and iPhones. He already had the iPhone thing down.
While Kate showed Hannah just what she is in to.
We took all the kids to Classic Fun Center for skating, roller blading and riding scooters. It was the perfect thing for our group of eight kids. We were there for three hours! They just rode around and around and around. We ate pizza, drank root beer and had a great time. I managed the babies while Scott managed the kids on the floor.Scott and his gaggle of children. What a man!
What a good time! Woot. Woot.
The next morning was breakfast for everyone followed by snow pants, gloves, hats, boots and sleds for everyone. They headed out to go sledding.
And then home to decorate all the snow in our front yard with the new snow art kit they got us for Christmas. You can tell by Andrew's picture just what jokes came out of "painting" the snow.
To warm up, they all came back inside and got busy with Just Dance 4.That evening it was time to get out of the house again so we went to see Ice Age 3 at the dollar theater while Scott took the babies to visit Grandma. You may notice Zachary's stylin' red skinny jeans. Funny story: I let him go to the bathroom with Connor and Andrew because he was so excited to go in the boy's bathroom with the "big boys". He walked out with soaking pants and yelling out to me, "Mom, I peed all over!" The "big boys" put him up to a urinal and turns out this boy hasn't quite figured that out yet. I was laughing and quite glad to find Ava's jeans still in the van.
On our last day together, the kinder watched a show while we packed them up and cleaned up. Then we were off again to Fat Cats for pizza and bowling.
A couple of people around us asked, "Are those all your kids?" Now I know how my parents felt.
The kids discussing their strategy.The end. Good bye to our cousins. We sent them off with their other cousins. It sure was fun while it lasted!!!
4 comments:
What a great 3 day party! I love to come to your house! Three days is probably the limit of the fun, though. Did they do as well at their other cousins?
Wow! This year you ran a cousin summer camp and a cousin winter camp! So impressive!
8 kids is entirely too many, although it looks like you handled things perfectly. What an action packed three days. We love Beyblades and scooters and Headbandz around here. Will you be offering a winter camp to all of your siblings. Hawaii is sounding really good right now.
I still can't believe you took this on... and that you sounded like it wasn't really too much trouble. I bet all the kids really enjoyed having a big, long party like that! Fun!! Ha! I'm laughing at Laura's last comment... looks like you could make a parttime business out of babysitting?? ;)
Post a Comment