Weight: 16 lbs. 8 oz. (10th percentile)
Length: 26 inches (5th percentile)
Head: 45 cm (70th percentile)
Yep. The girl's got quite a noggin.
More on Katers at nine months: It's quite amazing the development that happens in just a few short months. I pulled up a number of pictures of her since six months and she has learned to do sooooooooo many new things. She's a real person. She's all over the place. She's definitely showing her personality. She's on the move.Kate learned to sit up like a pro. She started out a bit wobbly, but soon got it down.
She learned to crawl. She spent lots of time (a couple months) tummy or army crawling. Much more than I remember the other kids doing. At first, she would just stick to the front room carpet. Very slowly, and with much caution, she ventured out to let her tummy touch the tile and then found her way peaking around the corner to the find us in the kitchen.
Crawling on her tummy and just as usual, spit up dribbling out. The girl just can't keep it in.
She did eventually figure out how to get around on all fours.
And now, this big girl is climbing up and down the stairs! She has been going up over and over again and then sits and cries at the top because she can't figure out how to get down. With lots of showing her how to move down on her tummy, I think she's got it. It's so funny to watch her hear the kids playing upstairs and head up to find them.
Kate's eyes have gotten bluer and bluer. They are such a bright blue that people stop and comment on them all the time. I've had people say that her eyes look like they are glowing blue. So pretty.
Just like Zachy's blue eyes.
Baby Cake has spent a lot of time playing in her exersaucer in the kitchen while I get meals cooked and on the table. She has loved gnawing on every one of those toys, but she will have it no longer. She is too big I guess. She will only play with it from the outside or underneath now.
The girl has learned to eat! She has never accepted a bottle, so that kept me very close to her. She started on rice cereal and baby food at six months and just took it down happily. Much happier than any of our other kids.Covered in rice cereal.
A game of peek a boo gone wrong. I was playing peek a boo with her while she ate and she started laughing so hard that she puked her food back up. Nice one, mom. Jokes on you.
She has now happily moved on to finger foods and crackers. I am ALWAYS covered in food. The floor is ALWAYS covered in food. Kate's clothes are ALWAYS covered in food. Please do not judge. She'll get better.
It was an extremely exciting day when Kate learned to clap. She did it over and over to get a lot of practice. She continues to clap constantly, especially if anything exciting is going on around her. It thrills her when everyone else joins her clapping.She is single handedly (well, maybe not single handedly) tearing this house apart. And I know that it will just get worse as she can get her hands on more things.
LOVES to tear apart magazines and books!
Can't get enough of pulling out every single wipe from the wipe container and then shredding them to bits. Hey, at least it's clean.
The messes don't stop there. Here is Miss Bunsy waiting for the bath tub to fill up again after she had to evacuate it. Love those buns!!
Katers is really, really, really, attached to her mother. I mean really. She has started to burst into tears if I put her down, if I walk out of the room, if I give her to someone else. I love that she loves me. I love her that much too.
The only other person who watches over and mothers her as much as I do is her big sister, Ava. Ava always watches her on the stairs, is eagle eyes on what Kate is putting in her mouth, etc. It is so good to have her around.
Kate can pull herself up and stand and walk around anything now . . . as long as she is holding on. Here she is at about six months. Tawna had to hold her up.
And here she is today.
And last, but not least, Kate has learned to loot and steal. She takes full advantage of an older brother who just can seem to make it through the long afternoon without crashing. Zachary fell asleep with a ring pop in his hands. Kate came along to steal it. Smart girl.
We absolutely adore this baby girl. Can't wait to see all that she'll figure out how to do in the next three months!
.jpg)




















3 comments:
oh my gosh! She is so totally adorable. I love all the pictures of her adventures.
She's a smart one for sure.
So, so cute!
Post a Comment