A big snow storm came. It started snowing Friday morning and continued until Sunday night. We had a ruler measuring it on our deck and it looks to us that we got about 23 inches. That is a lot of snow. It was beautiful. The kids had fun playing in it. And, as you may know, I don't like to play out in the snow, but I loved some snowy days inside with the family. It was so cozy.
What do you do with four kids when you have three straight days of snow? (No school for Brie and no work for Scott on Friday.)
Ava did have preschool. She braved the snow to go around the corner to Ms. Chris' house.
1. Get out to some indoor fun. We chose the Aquarium because our annual passes were about to expire. We brought in a 5 buck pizza and then saw every last sea and river creature residing there.
Touching sting rays and baby sharks.
Trapped in the jaws of a shark.
Paddling down the Amazon.Los Penguinos!
2. Build "a nest" for movie watching and basic lounging and snuggling that is filled with blankets and pillows for the whole weekend.
Watching one Netflix movie after another.
3. Video chat with Aunt Jessica in Saudi Arabia, where it was 95 degrees.
Jessica is speaking Spanish with Brielle. Testing her skills.
4. Get all decked out in snow clothes and go play in the snow maze that Dad built.
5. Drink hot chocolate, eat good food and lots of Halloween candy.
"Eggs In A Frame".
Pumpkin cream cupcakes. A Pinterest recipe fail. We tried a couple and eventually threw the rest in the trash.6. Take warm baths . . .
especially for a poor baby with an ear infection and a top tooth breaking through her gums. It was a SAD weekend for baby Kate.
7. Play lots of games - Candy Land, Chutes and Ladders, Just Dance 4, etc.
8. Eat, I mean, create and mold with Grandma's Peanut Butter Play Dough.
They loved it. They played with this play dough for hours. They made hand prints and turkeys and different shapes with molds and cookie cutters until . . . . Zachary got a taste of it. It really is sooooooo yummy. He then just rolled his up into a sub sandwich and chowed down on play dough. Smart kid.
It was a cozy and fun three days of hanging out around the house. Monday morning came and we had to dig out back to school and work. And now, all that snow is gone.
3 comments:
Looks like a great way to spend the weekend! I love it when life has a break. Kate is getting so big! can't wait to see her!
You got very creative! I wonder if I would have put much time into entertainment for the boys. I guess I will never know while living here. :0 That peanut butter playdough was a great idea. I love that stuff!
You always have great ideas for exciting days and experiences. I never heard of peanut butter playdough, but it does look fun and good enough to eat.
Post a Comment