We partied it up through another Halloween and have PILES of candy to show for it. It was a good one. I like all the action. I should also admit that I really like all the candy . . . for me. And the kids love dressing up every day for a week straight. Everyone is happy.
Presenting . . . the costumes of Halloween 2012:
Our first day out in our new (used from Kid to Kid) costumes. Off to Scott's work party.
We were right by Grandma Great's house so we stopped by to trick or treat and say good bye to her before she left for St. George the next morning. Halloweeny snacks after school.
Evan spent Monday with us. We had a lovey afternoon up Millcreek Canyon and then came home to carve pumpkins for FHE.
Kate is not loving the raw pumpkin.
Finished products. Each of the kids is acting out what their pumpkin is (Brie's idea). Brielle's is a kitty. Ava's is a jack-o-lantern. Zachary had a wicked cool mom that carved a Batman sign in his pumpkin.
So proud.
Best part of the goopy mess that is pumpkin carving are Scott's DELICIOUS roasted pumpkin seeds. They are seriously so good. He found a recipe that I will look forward to for years to come.
The girls (and Zachary) got to dress up for ballet class.
Look at Ava's big red hair bouncing around.
Brielle's class mixing up a witches brew.The ward Trunk or Treat. Everybody was very excited about this night. One of Scott's co-workers gave us a wooden, painted bean bag toss game. The kids all lined up for it over and over. They loved it. And . . . .it means I never have to worry about decorating our trunk again. Wahoo!
A VERY happy boy with all his candy!
Our costumes.
This is how our baby gold fish came home. I should admit also that I couldn't stop laughing every time I put her in this costume. I thought it was so funny. She seemed to like being in her own little sleeping bag.
We had both Ava's preschool parade and Brielle's elementary school parade on Halloween morning.
Ava marching up the street with her preschool friends.
That afternoon the kids played in the yard with the bean bag toss game because it was so WARM. I mean seriously warmer than I remember any Halloween being. It was 76 degrees.
A warm evening meant no coats and out trick or treating for almost three hours!And then . . . the piles of loot and a fair amount of trading candy. Oh, and a mom tax of all the chocolate ones that I like. And a Happy Halloween to all!
5 comments:
Favorite picture: Kate eating pumpkin. Hilarious.
What a great Halloween--I loved the costumes, the activities, the games and especially all the treats. We didn't have a lot of kids coming by our house this year, so I have been eating all the potato chips and candy bars myself. Yum!!!
I love the costumes this year! Kate's goldfish cracks me up, too... she's so cute! And I want Scott's pumpkin seed recipe, because we still have a pumpkin to hollow and cook this week. Looks like you had a great week!!
Scott looked AWESOME at the Trunk or Treat. You, not so much.
Scott looked AWESOME at the Trunk or Treat. You, not so much.
Post a Comment