Saturday, October 20, 2012

Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner!

My favorite spot in our area in the fall is up Millcreek Canyon. I love going up there for a picnic. So, last week when Scott got home from work I had us all packed up with food and all and we took off up the canyon. It was beautiful with so many fall colors. We drove up the canyon and then found a nice spot for our picnic of crab salad sandwiches, chips and peaches.
 Of course, some pictures of the kiddos.
All was good and happy . . .
until the chickens came! Look right behind Brielle at the ground and you will see our unlikely visitors. We came upon a rooster and a hen that followed us to our table. Weird, huh? To us it was unusual, to the kids it was downright terrifying! They were okay as long as they were safely up on top of the table benches, but if they were down on the ground and the chickens even started coming in their general direction there was running, screaming and shrieking in fear of those monster chickens that were for sure coming to attack them.
Scott had to chase them away. I lured them with a trail of crackers up to a different picnic spot. Anything to get them away! They kept coming back to torture us.
The brave protectors of the children.
The kids were thrilled when we finally released them to run and hide in the car while we packed up to get outta there!

5 comments:

Buchanan House said...

WOW! The leaves are really beautiful--and so are the people!

laura said...

Haha! What are those birds doing up there?? That really is so random.
In other news... your fall is GORGEOUS!! I haven't seen leaves like that in a very long time. So beautiful.

Teresa said...

I love the beautiful picnics and hikes you take. Something that I really miss around here.
The chicken story is hilarious and kind of crazy. :-)

Sue said...

Beautiful pictures! Thanks. I love the chickens.

Kam said...

Maybe Brie has be reading Junie B. Jones... chickens will peck your head off, you know?!? Looks like a gorgeous picnic spot!