We had a WONDERFUL fall break at the Christensen's house at Bear Lake. Sarah was kind enough to call and invite us a few weeks ago to her family's new house up there and we have been excitedly looking forward to it ever since.
It is honestly the most perfect house for several families to stay. It is a BEAUTIFUL home with SPECTACULAR views of the lake. We absolutely loved being there for a long, fall weekend.
My favorite part of this house - the windows (and my cutest bedspread ever).
Look at all those windows. Perfect.
Sarah and I were on our own from Wednesday evening to Friday night with Brielle (6), Aiden (6), Ava (5), Annie (4), Zachary (3), Norah (2), Kate (8 months), Liz (3 months). It was fun and it was crazy. We were constantly cooking a meal, cleaning up a meal, changing a diaper, breaking up a fight, nursing, putting down for naps, listening to a baby cry while we took care of the others, etc. etc. We had some good fun with all the kiddos though.
Super Hero dress ups.
Kids helping me make three batches of granola.Picnic lunch by the lake.
Kids found a real live footprint of, Isabella, the Bear Lake Monster.
Me and mine at Bear Lake.
Brielle and Aiden, who surprisingly enough became good buddies on this trip, despite their VERY different personalities. Aiden seemed to endure Brielle's constant playing of, "Ok. Pretend you are my boyfriend and we are going to get married".
Zachary stomping in the mud.
Ava and Annie - Best Cousins Forever!
Dinner. Here is Sarah with all the kids at the dinner table (Kate on the floor). I believe it was directly after I snapped this picture that Sarah stood up and said, "Alicia, why do I feel like I want to put my head through a wall right now?"
We all slept sooooooooooooooo much better that second night after we had calmed down from all the excitement of the first night. And in the morning I woke up to Kate playing around in the pac'n' play in my room and this strange pink and orange color glow coming from the window and door. I looked out to see this sunrise. Magnificent.
Ipad in the mornings while the moms woke up to the day. Check out my favorite little Annie girl. The girl does not wear clothes. Also, look at both Aiden and Annie's mouths. Must be an Allred thing.
All gathered around the IPad for cartoons when there is a very nice, HUGE flat screen TV right downstairs.
A lot of time was spent at this table coloring pictures. Brielle's pictures were of her and Aiden getting married.
Zachy relaxing on the deck.
Ava and Annie's rock collection. Sorry to Jim for clearing out your driveway.
I said this day started out better because of a better night's sleep, a beautiful sunrise and then it got even better. Sarah and I took turns going running. I ran about 5 miles along the bike path down by the lake and through the yellow leaves on a crisp, cool autumn day. I was so happy.
These girls were waiting for us upon our return.
While Sarah ran I took the kids outside to watercolor paint the lake.
After some wildness and loudness, Sarah calmed the troops into silence and brought them back to center with Yoga. It was hilarious.
And decorating the Halloween sugar cookies they made that morning (while I was gone) helped too.
This girl spent her time trying to get past the table we pushed up against the stairs to see if she could attempt falling down them. I'm happy to say she did not succeed.
An evening walk before dinner - mostly to let the kids RUN!
This says it all. Sarah, the Mother Totem Pole, helping Norah finish the walk. We were counting down the minutes to when Scott, Landon and Tawna would arrive. We were so close. We just had to get the kids back home and fed. Oh, and clean up the disaster they had made. All looked picture perfect when they walked in.
In the morning, glory hallelujah, Landon making biscuits and gravy for breakfast. Who knew that is his specialty?
A real MAN'S breakfast!
Tawna. The baby whisperer. Yeah!!
Kids back at the table to make Halloween stick puppets.
The girls off to go shopping . . . . at the little KOA campground grocery store. They did have licorice nibs.
Jim's Jeep!A sunny afternoon was spent down getting shakes and then a bike/scooter ride on the bike path.
From rock collection to shoe cradle - these girls are very inventive.
Dinner that evening was wonderful. I wish I could have the sounds and smells come through in a blog post. I was cooking Butternut Squash Soup on the stove. Sarah had homemade rolls in the oven. Scott was grilling mesquite rubbed chicken on the grill. Music was playing outside on the deck and the kids and Landon were dancing. The sun was setting over a beautiful lake. It was just one of those moments.
It was a special moment for Kate too. She finally figured out pulling herself up on the oven door and found her reflection staring her back in the face!!! Whoa.
Saying good bye Sunday morning. We cleaned, we packed up and we all left to get back to our own wards for church.
A quick family picture out in the driveway before heading out. Thank you, thank you, thank you to Sarah, Landon and the Christensens for such a nice getaway. Loved it.

7 comments:
oooh, let's go back! We had a GREAT time with you guys up there. The kids had a wonderful time with cousins and it was so fun to chat away the weekend with you. I loved the picture of the guys getting shakes. Scott was in his shorts and short sleeves and landon was decked out in his pants and coat. I'm wondering what the temperature really was. Let's do it again sometime soon! (Especially now that there is some snow on the ground- I think a weekend of skiing and sledding would be absolutely delightful).
If there is ONE thing that will get me to move to Utah, it is this post. (Unfotunately, I am reading this on the same day that you posted snow pictures). Looks like an absolute perfect, family fun, mini vacation! And I can not put into words how BEAUTIFUL that house is! The windows... ohhh, those windows. I've never seen such a beautiful home. Of course, the kids are all adorable and seem to be having the best time, as well. Congrats to Kate on the standing, and to Aiden surviving Brielle's not-so-subtle advances. I will let Davin know that she has moved on. Honestly, looks so, so, so wonderful.
Looks like a good time was had by all. And, I am relieved that you took a couple of super heroes with you. You can't be too careful.
Wow! What a wonderful week. I love these pictures, they are so beautiful! I would love to go back to Bear Lake. Glad you guys got to spend time together.
Well, there goes 10 minutes that I should have been working. I'm glad you guys could come up. Didn't Jim and Char do a great job with that house? I love that place.
Spectacular! I love the home and that you could spend time together enjoying it! Now I know why Landon called to invite me up. Wonderful pictures and story, wish I had been able to come.
Wow. That was a lot of pictures!! And a lot of kids! And looks like it was a lot of fun, too!! That house does look absolutely gorgeous. And I love all the fun things you did with your kids while you were there. The sunrise over the lake was gorgeous... thanks for sharing. Next time invite me! ;)
Post a Comment